cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.7 - User admin locked using the GUI

drburge01
Level 1
Level 1

I can access via CLI but trying to log into the GUI i keep getting Invalid credentials. Tried using the forgot password to unlock with no luck.  Is there anything I can do via CLI to fix this issue? Currently using ver 2.7

Thanks 

14 Replies 14

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

I sent you a private message with a potential workaround.

thanks,

Taylor

yes I received it. working on it now

Thanks a lot. I'll let you know how I made out

was able to run the command while in root. however it did not allow for me to log into the system using the default pw...possibility i may have done something wrong

Hi,

The workaround I provide via private message works on 2.7.4 and later. Any version prior will need to have the admin GUI password changed via the collector database. Currently, I believe it would be easier for you to deploy a new 2.8 VM. Please see the download link below:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.8

Thanks,

Taylor

can i install the new version on top of the current version i'm running without damaging anything?

Thanks 

Hi, 

There is a way to deploy an ISO over an existing VM, but the new collector will still be a fresh install, meaning there will be no data saved from the pre-existing collector. I hope this helps!

Thanks, 

Taylor 

Hello. Can you post the workaround ? i have all cli access but i cant get the gui to work. Or send in private :)

I am using version 2.8 

Br

Mathias

Hi Mathias,
If you loss the GUI password, you need reinstall the Collector!! ☹
Regards
AL

Hi Taywelch, I have the same problem, could you send my a potencial workaround by private

Thanks a lot

Alwinson

Unfortunately the only way I fixed the issue was to re-install all the software

What is the workaround?

Regards

Romulo Araujo

Hi,

they are a same problem about account locked, please it's possible to send me teh workaround?

Best Regards

Hi,

We will re-install the collector like the people recommended.

Regards

Hi, I confirm I proceeded with the reinstallation of the collector.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: