Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.8.0.1 Access denied to CLI admin

danielbarri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After 90 days I tried to change the admin, collectorlogin and root CLI password. I could change the collectorlogin and root password successfully.

But when I tried to access the admin cli I got "Account locked due to 152 failed logins".

Then from CLI root I performed:
root# service adminshell restart
root# service cspc restart

After that I cannot login with the expired password and thereby not able to change the password. See below outputs:

-------------

login as: admin
****************************************************************************************************
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CSP Collector

Please use below url to access CSP Collector appliance GUI
IPv4 URL : https://x.x.x.x:8001

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
****************************************************************************************************
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Account locked due to 151 failed logins
Password:
Access denied
Account locked due to 152 failed logins

----------------
CSPC sw version 2.8.0.1

From CLI root performed:
root# service adminshell restart
root# service cspc restart

Then I tried with the last known 100% working password and got "Access denied"

login as: admin

CSP Collector

Please use below url to access CSP Collector appliance GUI
IPv4 URL : https://x.x.x.x:8001

Password:
Access denied
Password:
Access denied
Password:

16 Replies 16

Hi Juan,

The GUI password recovery done by TAC was not straight forward, many steps and I don't remember those. There's not either any documentation available on it as far as I know. The requirement for this is to have SSH root access to the CSPC.

Hi Daniel, thank you so much, I read a lot of stuff speaking about reinstallation as the only workaround, happy to know Cisco TAC can do something there, I have an open case