Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC 2.8 not discovering UCS-C servers

tengeriank
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

I am using Common Service Platform Collector (CSPC) to manage my assets but I have discovered that it doesn't manage/discover UCS-C servers,

is it a bug or there is a way we can add that to managed devices?

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you -- that does help show what is happening. You will need to move the platform for your UCS Servers over into "INCLUDE" or can remove this setting and move all include platforms back to the left table (default settings).

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
For UCS-C, you need to enable SNMP on the CIMC interface of the UCS-C and then it can be discovered by CSPC. If your UCS-C is managed by UCSM, then it will be discovered via the FI.

hi Chris,

the SNMP is configured and I already made SNMPWalk from the collector itself,

while discovering it manually through IP address it gives the attached error,

which is excluded, I have checked the exclusion list and nothing is excluded.

I wonder how we can get the UCSC-C series information to be collected,

those are standalone servers, no FIs.

Regards,

Krikor

Did you remove part of the IP from the screenshot? I'm not following what I'm seeing with just 10. If you need to share IP you can send via Private Message.

Do you know if you have any platforms moved into the Advanced CSPC settings to INCLUDE platform section? This error usually means an INCLUDE only rule was added.

I don't know if there are advanced setting in the discovery settings,

i am attaching the exclusion part of our CSPC.

Can you share the Include Platforms tab of that same screen?

here is the include part.

Thank you -- that does help show what is happening. You will need to move the platform for your UCS Servers over into "INCLUDE" or can remove this setting and move all include platforms back to the left table (default settings).

thanks Jarret and Chris, it working now and UCS - C is discovered by moving all the include back to the left side.

thank you.

Fantastic
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: