Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Backup and Restore

aveny007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We are planning to upgrade CSPC 2.8 to the last updated version . We want to know if Backup and restore will backup all the settings\Add import credentials\Application settings\Inventory settings\datasets\user credentials\roles\schedules .

Also I have tried ssh into the collector but save backup file but getting "Access denied" error . My role is as an administrator but still can't access via SSH terminal

Thanks,

Avi

20 Replies 20

gausing5
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, you will be able to back up the OS settings along with other parameter you mentioned when you complete the migration process.

Please try to access the collector through collectorlogin first and then root if you are having issue accessing it.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

aveny007
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Gaurav,

I am now logged in using collectorlogin but can't access root folder . My understanding is that root folder has backup folder . Please correct me if I am wrong .

This is the error i am getting when using sudo -i command

collectorlogin is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

[collectorlogin@localhost ~]$ su root
Account locked due to 13 failed logins
Password:

Thanks,

Avi

Hi,

Please wait for 30 minutes to login as root after one failed attempt and then try logging back again.

If you don't have root password then please reset it through admin by using command:

#pwdreset root 90

And yes you need to access the backup folder as root as you will have full access that way.

Do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks once again

For some reason admin password works on GUI but doesn't work on ssh , Do you think of any reason for this behavior

Hi,

GUI admin and CLI admin have different password and CLI admin password is set during initial deployment.

You can check for the cspc cli admin password and try accessing the CSPC.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

Thanks SO much Gaurav and your support until this moment is much appreciated

Just last question . When I am trying to download the backup file .pbx extension using FileZilla it is throwing me an error of file permission and hence cannot be downloaded

Hi,

If you are logged in as collectorlogin in FileZilla then please change the ownership of that pbx file to collectorlogin through root using below command then you will be able to download that file to your local desktop.

#chown collectorlogin <file name>.pbx

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

aveny007
Level 1
Level 1

That worked . Thanks once again Gaurav

Regards,

Avi

aveny007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gaurav,

When I am trying to upload backup script "spc28backupscript.zip" file from filezilla to CSPC i am getting permission write error as below

"Error: /opt/cspc28backupscript.zip: open for write: permission denied
Error: File transfer failed"

I have now collectorlogin and root access on CLI . Is there any command I can run on CSPC CLI using root to allow permission from Filezilla to CSPC

Thanks&Regards

Hi,

Please access the Filezilla through collectorlogin then copy the script in /home/collectorlogin/ then access the CLI through root and copy the file from /home/collectorlogin/spc28backupscript.zip to /opt directory.

Please do let us know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

aveny007
Level 1
Level 1

All your help is appreciated Gaurav . Thanks so much

One question I have is say the Current CSPC version 2.9 is running with monitoring n number of Clients . And now when the migration is to build a new VM for V2.10 . Once V2.10 installed and restored from the current 2.9 then will both poll from the clients and send to SNTC . I am trying to to build my understanding on how will SNTC reacts when it sees both Current version 2.9 and new version 2.10 (restored from current verson 2.9) are working at the same time?

Also is there a way to stop 2.9 temporarily and let 2.10 run . Incase any issue it will be easier to stop v2.10 and start running 2.9

Thanks

Hi,

At a given time, CSPC VM will run on either of the versions.

You can power off the previous CSPC that is 2.9 and deploy the latest version 2.10.0.1 and after making sure it is working you can go ahead and delete the previous CSPC VM.

Regards,

Gaurav Singh

aveny007
Level 1
Level 1

Thank You Sir

aveny007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gaurav,

We have deployed 2.10 but when we try to "upgrade now" to 2.10.0.1 we are getting error "500 The call failed on the server See Server log for details" 

I have attached snap of the error

Thanks,

Avi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: