cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Smart Net Total Care Community!

Our community includes Cisco experts to answer your questions about the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) portal and CSP-Collector.
Click the navigation links below to access materials for using our service and supported collectors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

CSPC boots to limited shell with file system error

I could not get the CSPC to display its webpage.

So I rebooted the applicance in VMware.

When it came back up, it will not complete the boot process but dumps out of boot-up into a limited Linux shell that is asking for the root password in order to run fsck to fix file system errors. But I never enabled the root account, according to the Cisco documentation. So I guess this appliance is unusable?

Anyone know the root password or how to get past this screen? (screenshot attached)

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: CSPC boots to limited shell with file system error

Hi,

This issue is seen when storage of VM is compromised like 100% usage. Unfortunately, redeploy to recover it.

Thanks,

Supriya

2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This issue is seen when storage of VM is compromised like 100% usage. Unfortunately, redeploy to recover it.

Thanks,

Supriya

Cisco Employee

Also, be sure to deploy the CSPC Small and not the Ultra Small as this option is not viable for production networks.
CreatePlease to create content
Right-rail
Navigation
Be sure to bookmark these support pages and use them in the future to find all the self-help information.
Helpful Links