Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Collection through Jump Server

Hello,

Will it possible to use, from Cisco Collector to SSH remote Device through Jump Server for collection.

Cisco_Collector -----> Jump_Server(SSH) -----> Router.

since, we have many devices which don't allow SSH Connection from Cisco_Collector, due to VTY ACL Block. Instead of modifying the VTY - ACL on this devices, I was thinking , if we could make the above scenario work, which will solve the problem.

Note: Based on some other thread, which I am confirming the Discovering won't work through Jump Server. I am totally okay with that, what I am trying is Collection through Jump Server.

Perhaps, I could see some option in Collector stating the Jump Server, I tried to follow the user guide, but not able to understand it.

Please help.

2 Replies 2

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The jump server settings are primarily used to help capture CLI Commands from devices. However For SNTC, the CSPC still requires direct SNMP Collection and access to the devices (this does not work over jump servers).
Are you able to currently discover your devices using direct SNMP?

Even for SNMP we have SNMP_ACL to filter, so we are discovering the device, through known IP address list feed into the Discover method and access method we are using SSH method.

by this way, the Device Collection through SSH to device and collect the CLI commands.

Challenge, we got here due to VTY_ACL which blocking Collection unable to access Device CLI through SSH, so I am trying to use the Jump Server method.