Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC collector implementation - Request your support

rajmohan30
Level 1
Level 1

As i am new to SNTC, i am looking for your assistance in prepare phase and
also making more appropriate and effective inventory & alerts.  Now, i have uploaded the inventory file hence the output displayed is from the inventory file. I have seen that the output shows that around 65% of the devices are not covered in contract. Hence, i am wondering if the output is correct.

1) Do we have an easy way of uploading the inventory file like based on Service contract/Bill to ID instead of entering all device name, IP and SN. 
2) Also, please assist me to implement collector if it is really effective. So i don't need to do changes in inventory file all the time when i do changes in my network.

3) I also notice that some option is not visible for me in SNTC portal. Service coverage option is not there under Administration, also it is not showing any alerts in Software alerts. Please help me to set up this.

Please do the needful at the earliest.

4 Replies 4

Hi Rajmohan,

An expert will reach out to you just as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Cheri

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The CSV import method requires the Hostname and IP values for logically tracking your devices and the serial number for the contract validation process. If you are unable to provide specific details, or if the information is inaccurate, then the SNTC portal may not be able to correlate the appropriate Software Alerts for your devices.

I do recommend utilizing the collector-based upload method to ensure accurate, consistent, and automated reporting on your devices within the SNTC portal. Please take look at the following resources to assist in getting a CSPC appliance installed and operational:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/services/sntc-collectors/index.html

The quick-start guide should be able to guide you through the initial configuration process as well as the initial discovery, collection, and upload steps. If you encounter any issues please revert back and we would be glad to assist.

Hello Justin,

Thanks for the response. The CSV file was updated with host name, IP address, SN and Soft Version and uploaded in SNTC portal. I could able to view all other alerts except software. Please find the screenshot for reference.

It looks like you will also need to define OS Type within your CSV upload data. Since the bare-minimum of data inputs provided via CSV will only fetch the pertinent contract data it will be important to include the relevant fields for other features and capabilities within SNTC. However, even a fully-populated CSV file will not be able to contain as much data as a file upload originating from a CSPC.

Therefore, if you are looking to take advantage of more than just contract reporting within the SNTC portal the CSPC will likely be the most consistent and reliable method of populating your SNTC reports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: