Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC csv seedfile import failed 2.7.3

ccrfranck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've upgraded the collector to version 2.7.3 in order to use CSV seedfile import.

It seems that a bug was resolved in that version about "seedfile import".

After several tries, the imports worked but no device appear in the device list.

Job logs say (success) -> Job 'job006' Seed file parsing and import completed. '

But nothing...

I've tried both ways, by the credentials import menu and also by putting the csv in the directory .../data/seedfilemanagement/...

Any idea?

Thanking you in advance.

Renaud

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Renaud, I think I have identified the issue. You have left the headers, which is fine, however that line needs to be commented out.

To comment out a line you need to use the semicolon (;) however it looks like your program (excel?) is setup to use the semicolon as a separator, rather than a comma (,) Go ahead and replace the separator with a comma and comment out the first line with a semicolon.

Sample-import_csv_and_Temp.jpg

In addition, you are missing some separators, the seedfile must contain 36 columns, therefore the separators (commas) have to be there even if the column is empty.

We normally don't advise to use a seedfile as it's cumbersome.

Regards,

Cesar

View solution in original post

Dear Cesar,

You're right, I've made your corrections and it's working now.

For several reasons I need to work with csv files, but I know that is not the best practice.

Thank's a lot.

Best Regards

Renaud

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Renaud,

When importing the seedfile, did you also check the box to run a discovery?
Seedfile by itself will only generate the credential profiles, but it will not populate your managed devices.

The managed devices is populated only by running a discovery job.

Cesar

Hi Cesar,

You're right, I think that I checked the discovery box for each previous tests, but in order to be sure I've just run a new test and now I've got his error message;

Job 'job008' Seed file parsing and import completed. '
No valid Ip's to trigger discovery.

Hi Renaud, please go ahead and share your csv with me privately and I'll review and try to replicate this issue. Cesar

Hi Renaud, I think I have identified the issue. You have left the headers, which is fine, however that line needs to be commented out.

To comment out a line you need to use the semicolon (;) however it looks like your program (excel?) is setup to use the semicolon as a separator, rather than a comma (,) Go ahead and replace the separator with a comma and comment out the first line with a semicolon.

Sample-import_csv_and_Temp.jpg

In addition, you are missing some separators, the seedfile must contain 36 columns, therefore the separators (commas) have to be there even if the column is empty.

We normally don't advise to use a seedfile as it's cumbersome.

Regards,

Cesar

Dear Cesar,

You're right, I've made your corrections and it's working now.

For several reasons I need to work with csv files, but I know that is not the best practice.

Thank's a lot.

Best Regards

Renaud

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: