cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC GUI Password Reset Notification

usuee
Level 1
Level 1

I finally got my collector configured to use RSA radius for remote authentication.  Now I get an email once a day stating...

YOUR(<my username> user) CSPC GUI PASSWORD IS EXPIRED

PLEASE TAKE ACTION TODAY

Take a moment to reset your password today (end of the day recommended) at https://server IP address:8001
Note : For NATed environment please use NAT IP

Your CSPC GUI password is expired on 2000-03-30 18:00:00

I am the only one configured right now with a username that has remote authentication.  Is this something that every user can look forward to?  What is up with the expired on date?  I have NTP configured and the server time is correct.  

Anyone else get this or even better, have a solution?  I keep checking and my user account is working.

10 Replies 10

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey usuee,

Please try 'timesync' and 'timezone' commands from adminshell on the CLI once more.  Run 'show date' to confirm everything looks correct.

You may also want to see what is configured under 'Administration' -> 'Login Settings' -> See what 'Expire Passwords' setting is on.  You can also disable expire passwords if you wish.

Thanks,
Justin

Checked the server and the show date has the correct time and date.  I set the timezone but did not set the timesync.  Should I? 

If I set accounts to never expire, would that apply to the local account too?  I probably need to have that one expire out and require a reset every 90 days.  

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey usuee,

Yes, I believe the 'Login Settings' affect all users.  Please try the 'timesync' command and configure to an NTP server.  Let me know if you still receive emails after doing so.

Thanks,
Justin

Just did the timesync.  Let me see if I keep getting these emails.  

Just got another one.  So far I am the only users of the four that is getting this email.  I am also the only one that has ever logged in with my username.

YOUR(username user) CSPC GUI PASSWORD IS EXPIRED

PLEASE TAKE ACTION TODAY

Take a moment to reset your password today (end of the day recommended) at https://server IP:8001
Note : For NATed environment please use NAT IP

Your CSPC GUI password is expired on 2000-03-30 18:00:00

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey usuee,

Strange there are four users and you are only one receiving this notification?  Please take following steps and private message me some screenshots.

'Administration' -> 'Manage Users' -> Send me a screenshot of the settings for each user configured.

'Administration' -> 'Email Settings' -> Take a screenshot on this page

'Administration' -> 'Manage Subscribers' -> Take a screenshot of any subscriptions you may have made.

Thanks,
Justin

PM sent.

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did not receive any message.  Please try again by hovering over my username and selecting 'Send Message'.

Thanks,

Justin

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I am seeing the same issue for a single user.

i have a similar problem. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: