Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC is not showing S/N and product information

mrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having issues that CSPC (Version 2.8.1.4) is not showing product family and Serial number of  discovered devices even though the option is selected Yes --Serial Number Duplicate check under Settings-Discovery Settings. I have used SNMP and SSH to discover the devices. Also SNTC is not showing any devices under Inventory list ( devices shows under all hosts) although Upload processing shows it is successful. Anybody has any idea what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Looking over your latest upload from Jan. 5, the CSPC is returning the following error when attempting to collect from your managed devices; "Unable to open SNMP Channel." Can you please confirm the CSPC has access to your devices via SNMP by running an snmpwalk from the CLI while logged in as the root user to a few test devices and letting us know the results?

Thank you

Hi Jofrumki

Thanks for your respond. Please see the attached snmpwalk output from 3 devices, I ran another collection after checked with snmpwalk. I wanted to mention that also I don't see any contract information for our company on SNTC.

attachment removed due to sensitive customer data in plain text

send all customer information in a private message

Hello,

It does not appear that you ran the snmpwalk correctly. If you are using v3 with security level authPriv you must provide the encryption type as well as the privacy type and password. This could explain your error message.

Thank you.

I couldn't run version 3, got error; 

Error in packet.
Reason: authorizationError (access denied to that object)

I have used version 2 and sent you the output of snmpwalk which works. But still not getting all the information.

Please see my previous response and send the output in a private message. Your attachment was removed to protect the data.

Thank you for sending the output again. Please confirm for me in your SNMP settings on the CSPC that you have only the RO string configured and not the RW as well. 

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue.  SN's are not showing up in the SNTC portal.  Uploads are successful but it missing the SN's.  

I see you mention something about the RW SNMP string.  Should we only configure the RO SNMP string?

That is correct, we are only gather data and have no need to write to the managed devices from the CSPC. Also, be sure you are using the default SNTC Collection Profile to upload the data and not supplementing with a separate Upload Profile.