cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC login error

demiller
Level 1
Level 1

In an attempt to upgrade CSPC i received the following error when i logged into the appliance.

login as: admin
Warning private system unauthorized users will be prosecuted.
admin@10.12.0.79's password:
Last login: Fri Aug 25 08:59:15 2017 from 10.12.0.10
#########################################################################
#     This system is hardened and for the use of authorized users only. #
#     Individuals using this computer system without authority, or in   #
#     excess of their authority, are subject to having all of their     #
#     activities on this system monitored and recorded by system        #
#     personnel.                                                        #
#                                                                       #
#     In the course of monitoring individuals improperly using this     #
#     system, or in the course of system maintenance, the activities    #
#     of authorized users may also be monitored.                        #
#                                                                       #
#     Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring    #
#     and is advised that if such monitoring reveals possible           #
#     evidence of criminal activity, system personnel may provide the   #
#     evidence of such monitoring to law enforcement officials.         #
#########################################################################
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.cisco.ca.ss.adminshell.client.ShellClient.main(ShellClient.java:6                                                                                                             3)
Error occured: could not connect to the command server

I'm a network guy and need some assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Demiller,

That is correct.  However there are some previous settings which you can export from your older CSPC instance.

For device credentials, you can go to Manage Device Credentials Page -> Select Export -> Export Into Pari XML format.  These can be re-added to the new CSPC using the Import button.

Other profiles such as discovery/upload jobs cannot be directly exported, however you can make a note of the scheduled date and time to quickly set them up again on the new CSPC instance.

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello demiller,

Can you please let me know how long the upgrade has been processing?  This error can sometimes be seen during the upgrade process or right after a recent CSPC restart has occured. 

Thank you,

Jarrett

The upgrade was never initiated, i was trying to login to create a collectorlogin account. Not sure what next step to take.

I have a question related to the CSPC upgrade guide. On item 2 of the Manual Installation; document states to  a the following commands: "pwdreset collectorlogin 90 and pwdreset root 90" what does this command do? does the 90 mean that's the new password?

Hello demiller,

The number here can range from 1-90 and is the set amount of days you wish the user to be active for.  In our example, 90 days is the most the user IDs 'collectorlogin' and 'root' will be active before needing to reissue the command.  When the command is used, it will auto generate a password for you.

Thank you,

Jarrett

login as admin still locked, but the collectorlogin allowed access (did not reset the password) but received following error trying to reset the root password: -bash: pwdreset: command not found

Hello demiller,
The command "pwdreset" is only accessible from the "admin" CLI username shell. Can you please see if you're able to re-login to the "admin" username after the 30 minute lock has expired to run the command for root?
Thank you,
Jarrett

I can't login using admin, getting what appears to be a java error.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.cisco.ca.ss.adminshell.client.ShellClient.main(ShellClient.java:63)
Error occured: could not connect to the command server

Hello demiller,

Do you know what version of CSPC you are currently using?   It looks like the adminshell may be corrupted.  One option you may do is to redeploy a new CSPC 2.7 OVA to help get onto the latest version of the software.  The latest versions of the software can be found here

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Dennis,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks!
Cheri

Well, i was hoping i could get upgrade without rebuilding the server. Appears that's not an option, since the admin login is trashed. Unless you have a suggestion, i suppose you can close the discussion.

I spoke too soon. I need some guidance on process steps to receive the ova and steps required to minimize the setup time. I'm assuming there's documentation for that somewhere, at least i hope there is. lol

Hello Demiller,

The CSPC home page can be found here.

This includes a link to the latest CSPC OVA images and also many of our how-to documents for deploying a new CSPC.  In CSPC 2.7, we introduced an installation wizard feature which will walk you through the steps to get your new CSPC up and running smoothly.

Thank you,

Jarrett

just so i'm clear, when i redeploy the OVA won't all the previous settings be lost? Is there a way to at least maintain the device credentials and job settngs, so i don't have to recreate?

Hello Demiller,

That is correct.  However there are some previous settings which you can export from your older CSPC instance.

For device credentials, you can go to Manage Device Credentials Page -> Select Export -> Export Into Pari XML format.  These can be re-added to the new CSPC using the Import button.

Other profiles such as discovery/upload jobs cannot be directly exported, however you can make a note of the scheduled date and time to quickly set them up again on the new CSPC instance.

Thank you,

Jarrett