Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC password

Jenny O'Leary
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If the CSPC password is lost (and it wasn't the default one), how can it be reset?

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jenny,

Did they lose the password for the GUI or for the CLI?

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

I initially thought it was GUI, but I now believe that it is CLI. It would be good to know what to do in either case if you know it.

Thanks,

Jenny

If you lost the "admin" password for the CLI, but you have the "collectorlogin" and "root" passwords:

1. SSH into the collector using the "collectorlogin" instead of "admin"

2. Run the command "sudo passwd admin"

3. Enter the root password at the prompt

4. You can now SSH in using "admin"

If you lost the "Admin123" password for the GUI:

1. Log into the GUI using with the default username "admin" and password "Admin#123"

2. Select Administration > Manage Users

3. Either change the "Admin123" password to something you know, or create a new user (recommended)

4. Do NOT change the password for the "admin" GUI user. That will break everything.

If you lost:

- the "admin" password for CLI and you don't have the "collectorlogin" and "root"

- the GUI password for "Admin123" and you changed the password for the GUI "admin" account

1. You will need to re-deploy the collector

Thanks,

Lynden

Many thanks Lynden, that's great. Jenny

Hello Lynden,

I have lost the root password. I actually did not change this password but the PW I have is no longer working. I am not sure if what I have is a default root PW. I did not install the server. I do still have the GUI admin account and the CLI collectorlogin account. Is it possible from one of these to reset the root PW?

Thank you,

David

Hello. I have the same issue in the GUI. I cannot get in because of expired passwd. 

I have cli access on all levels. 

admin

collectorlogin

su to root. 

How do i set a new password on the gui admin account ? (or create a new administrator account to the gui)

Br

Mathias

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: