Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC server problem

kakathieuja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am a newbie at Linux, i dont have any experience in CSPC.

At the moment, i have 2 physical NIC on CSPC server. But our topo need to set 3 difference subnet IP on 3 interfaces.

But i only have 2 physical. What i need to config on CSPC server and in my router/switch.

Example : I need to set IP 192.168.0.1/30 in NIC 1

192.168.100.20/28 in NIC 2

One IP for internet

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you created the "collectorlogin" and "root" passwords for the collector? There is no way to add a 3rd NIC through the admin shell, so you will need to access the underlying Linux.

The basic procedure once you're in CentOS is to go to:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

create the new  ifcfg-eth file, where X:X is the module/interface you set up in the VM:

DEVICE=ethX:X
IPADDR=
NETMASK=
NETWORK=
BROADCAST=
ONBOOT=yes

There should already be two files for eth0 and eth1, so you'll just need to create one for eth2.

Once that is done, set up the static routes:

https://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Deployment_Guide/s1-networkscripts-static-routes.html

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

Thanks for your answer,

But in this CSPC i have only 2 physical NIC, so i have to create 2 logical interface and add them to 1 physical interface to set IP and collect information from 3 interface/IP .

Do you have any suggestion ? 
Thanks so much.

Trung,

Hi Trung,

Do you mean this is a physical UCS server? I was assuming you were running a VM.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

This is a physical UCS server with 2 physical NIC and i run Esxi5.0 on it.

But i have to set 3 different ip in different subnet in 3 interface. I think that i need to config 2 logical interface on 1 physical NIC and set ip in them, and set vlan etc. But i dont know how to do this :(

Do your have any suggestion?

Thanks,

Trung.

Hi Trung,

The virtual NICs need to connect to a vSwitch in ESXi. Create a vSwitch in ESXi, then you connect that switch to the physical NIC. Set up the appropriate VLANs on the vSwitch and it should translate out onto your network.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

Thanks for your answer.

I created 2 logical interface with vlan 635 and 636, but when i console in server, show ip cant show 2 logical interface i had created so i cant set ip.

i cant type  conf ip eth0.635 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1

What i need to do now?

Thanks

Trung.

Hi Trung,

Now you'll need to console in as "collectorlogin" in order to access the CentOS and complete the steps to add a 3rd NIC:

"

There is no way to add a 3rd NIC through the admin shell, so you will need to access the underlying Linux.

The basic procedure once you're in CentOS is to go to:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

create the new  ifcfg-eth file, where X:X is the module/interface you set up in the VM:

DEVICE=ethX:X
IPADDR=
NETMASK=
NETWORK=
BROADCAST=
ONBOOT=yes

There should already be two files for eth0 and eth1, so you'll just need to create one for eth2.

Once that is done, set up the static routes:

https://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Deployment_Guide/s1-networkscripts-static-routes.html

"

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

I use VMware vSphere Client connect to the server. Then I console to it. i log in by admin (with admin default password).

But i cant config /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Thanks,

Trung

Hi Trung,

What is the file name of the OVA you deployed?

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden,

It was SNTC-CSPC2.5.2.1-OVF10.ova

Thanks,

Trung

Hi Trung,

If you haven't already, follow the steps in this document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

Create the "collectorlogin" and "root" passwords. Then console in as "collectorlogin" instead of "admin" and you should be able to add the extra NIC.

Thanks,

Lynden