Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Unable to Discover Multiple Devices

ambliven2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having an issue with my USPC. If I select multiple IPs for discovery, most fail with a "SNMP Unreachable or Incorrect SNMP Credentials.".

If I pick an IP that failed out of the multi IP discovery and discover it individually, it discovers fine. I use all the same settings from the failed discovery.

I have verified that the USPC is hitting the IPs that fail during the multi IP discovery via 'debug snmp packets'.

I am running 2.7.1

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Aaron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jarrett, I sent you a PM.

I looked into it a bit further this AM and it looks like our EngineID was hard coded on the devices I am having issues with. I will have to go ahead and resolve this issue.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ,

Can you please let me know if you are using SNMP v3 settings or V2?

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hello Jarrett,

We are using SNMP v3.

Jarrett,

I looked at another post of yours... I see where you are going with this.. same engine ID.

Is there a better work around in 2.7.1? I don't show the code that were are running as being affected in the bug search for 'CSCts87275'.

Please let me know how best to proceed.

Hi ambliven2,

Yes, you are correct :) The behavior was similar to what we have seen when encountering non-unique engine IDs across devices.

Would you be able to provide me some additional details about your devices?  OS Version and PID?  You may also send a private message using these steps here as well for these details.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Jarrett, I sent you a PM.

I looked into it a bit further this AM and it looks like our EngineID was hard coded on the devices I am having issues with. I will have to go ahead and resolve this issue.

Thank you for your help.

Hello ambliven2,

Thank you for the follow up and great to see it's working for you now!

Thank you,
Jarrett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: