cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC - Unmanage Devices Through '.txt' File Failing (CSPC 2.8.1.2)

BenStansfield
Level 1
Level 1

Exact details of the Smart Collector issue including URL or screenshot: Currently unable to remove batch nodes through the ‘.txt’ method. Created a local text document file and inputted the IP addresses in the correct format. When selecting the text file from the local machine the CSPC outputs a file named ‘FileUploadServlet’ which I then save locally and attempt to continue with the removal however have the below error message (see attach). I have selected a group of Nodes that have IP addresses in my removal list and ones that don’t need to be removed (not in the .txt) the collector removed them all. Looks like it is not recognizing the text file as a source of data to remove. I have attempted using the ‘FileUploadServlet’ file to remove however the same issue. I would appreciate assistance here as we need to remove over 3000 IP addresses and that would be a time-consuming process. Kind regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have add the devices on my demo box and was able to delete it using this method on 2.8.1.2 on firefox. first try to rename your file to not have a special character and let me know you have the same result. if not what is the browser are you using?  Please try an alternative browser and let me know.  One more question it seems you are trying not manage non-cisco devices correct? have you deselected non Cisco devices as an option for discovery ?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can  you please send me in private message the txt file of the devices

Fault Screen.png

I have add the devices on my demo box and was able to delete it using this method on 2.8.1.2 on firefox. first try to rename your file to not have a special character and let me know you have the same result. if not what is the browser are you using?  Please try an alternative browser and let me know.  One more question it seems you are trying not manage non-cisco devices correct? have you deselected non Cisco devices as an option for discovery ?

Hi Adias

Thank you for your help here, looks like amending the name of the .txt file worked.

Kind regards

Good to know I will open a bug for either accepting the character or given a warning if any.   Thank you for your patience