Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC upgrade timescales 2.10.0.1

david
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

just doing our first upgrade on the CSPC.  We have 2.10 installed and applying 2.10.0.1 which includes the patch for Log4j Vulnerability.  The CSPC upgrade guide implies the upgrade could take 60 - 90 minutes, but our upgrade has been going for almost 3 hours now (inc. download).  Release notes don't give any details on upgrade timescales.

We did have an issue with the GUI where the upgrade was available, but clicking install now didn't give the ability to agree to the EUA.  So we started the upgrade via the CLI.  It has rebooted once and I can see the JEOS has updated to the new version 30.3.0.1 but the SP is still Apply-in-progress.

Just wondering on others experience on time to complete the upgrade?

Many thanks

David

18 Replies 18

So upgrade via the GUI does not work it appears.

If I am on Version 2.9 will commands admin# check update admin# Update sp-30.3.0-1-0-lnx64 work for me and take me to the latest Version 2.10.0.1 ?

On the Cisco Download Portal there is ZIP file : Collector patch to upgrade to CSPC 2.10.0.1 collector_2.10.0.1_Build-06.zip .

What is this file and what are the instructions to apply the patch using this file ?

I take is there is more than one way to upgrade/patch.

@rhallanCorrect, I couldn't get the upgrade via GUI to complete for the log4j patch.

I also think you need to check the release notes to confirm, but I didn't think there was a direct upgrade from 2.9 to 2.10.  This is due to the change in the OS versions between 2.9 and 2.10 due to supportability of the CentOS versions.  So you would need to deploy from OVA a 2.10 instance, and restore a backup from your current 2.9 instance.  You can apply the patch to 2.10 for Log4J as per the detail in this post.

Hope that helps

David

Thanks for the reply. The reason we were attempting to deploy version 2.9  was because we deployed 2.10 but the migration script did not work (admin shell was not accessible and kept losing the GUI access over and over). Even with version 2.9 we are finding out that the the migration script does not work. The only option left appears to be start totally from scratch. 

Any input on my original question: 

On the Cisco Download Portal there is ZIP file : Collector patch to upgrade to CSPC 2.10.0.1 collector_2.10.0.1_Build-06.zip .

What is this file and what are the instructions to apply the patch using this file ?

I think that file is if you want to manually download the patch and then upload it to the collector to install. For instance if the collector doesn't have direct internet access. I've never used this option so can't advise on the instructions for using it.

Hope that helps

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: