cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Upgrade

gsheppar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any guides for upgrades? Currently running 2.2 and want to upgrade to the latest 2.5.1

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sinfu10101
Level 1
Level 1

When going from 2.2 to 2.5.1, I've found that I can't seem to reach the Cisco backend to complete an upgrade and have had to do a fresh install, I would suggest exporting your "managed devices" list prior so you have a list of what you were able to discover previously.  To check your connection though, telnet or SSH to the collector and type the command "show server-connection".  If its connected you should get back the details of your collector

View solution in original post

I agree with your assessment. It isn't that it's impossible to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.5, but it is pretty difficult to get all the pieces configured correctly and it isn't well documented. It's a lot easier to deploy the new OVA and transfer your data over from the old VM to the new one.

The reason for this: the upload mechanism changes from 2.2 to 2.5, which requires some non-intuitive modifications to settings on the collector. If you have a support contract and can open a TAC case with the SNTC support team then this isn't an issue, but trying to do it yourself is likely more trouble thank it's worth.

You can get instructions for deploying a fresh 2.5 OVA here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

Thanks,

Lynden

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sinfu10101
Level 1
Level 1

When going from 2.2 to 2.5.1, I've found that I can't seem to reach the Cisco backend to complete an upgrade and have had to do a fresh install, I would suggest exporting your "managed devices" list prior so you have a list of what you were able to discover previously.  To check your connection though, telnet or SSH to the collector and type the command "show server-connection".  If its connected you should get back the details of your collector

I agree with your assessment. It isn't that it's impossible to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.5, but it is pretty difficult to get all the pieces configured correctly and it isn't well documented. It's a lot easier to deploy the new OVA and transfer your data over from the old VM to the new one.

The reason for this: the upload mechanism changes from 2.2 to 2.5, which requires some non-intuitive modifications to settings on the collector. If you have a support contract and can open a TAC case with the SNTC support team then this isn't an issue, but trying to do it yourself is likely more trouble thank it's worth.

You can get instructions for deploying a fresh 2.5 OVA here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

Thanks,

Lynden

Lynden,

Any chance you have the guide for the appliance?

Thanks,

Graham

Hi Graham,

The full CSPC user guide can be found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12692326/cspc-self-service-getting-started-guide

Thanks,

Lynden

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: