Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC UPLOAD versus COLLECT !!!

nabin_sth0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have little doubt on two functionality of CSPC which is UPLOAD and COLLECT ? Is COLLECT profile alone enough to upload data to SNTC PORTAL ?

I have collection profile defined in CSPC and is scheduled once a week. Recently, i am having issue uploading data to SNTC, the error is HTTPS 400: Bad request. CSPC is updated to 2.8. 

Anybody having the same issue  or any suggestion will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Nabin. 

5 Replies 5

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nabin,

If you are using default collection profile 'SNTC' then running collection will do collection and upload after successful collection and in that case, you do not need to run upload profile. It is recommend to use default SNTC collection profile.

If you not using default collection profile, please share screenshots of all settings in any collection profiles/upload profiles that are being used. Please share via private message. The error that you are receiving could be mis-configuration of your collection/upload profile or due to empty upload.

Thanks,

Supriya

adias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes a priori there is a flag on the collection profile that allows it to upload after the collection is performed.  have this happened just after an upgrade?

Please send me a screen shot of the frequency of uploads on the collection profile

nabin_sth0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

It again failed and i am getting the log messages that looks like below,

Initializing...
Discovering known devices...
Unable to send message to the Cisco Backend. Reason:No response to registration request from the connectivity module

Is it a connectivity issue ?

Thanks,

Nabin.

Restarted CSPC, The result looks like below,

[root@cclseclog1-es-drac collectorlogin]# service cspc restart
Stopping CSPC... [ OK ]
Shutting down MySQL.. [ OK ]
Stopping Connectivity Tail-end Gateway: [ OK ]
Checking If Services are Shutdown... [ OK ]
Starting CSPC... [ OK ]
Starting MySQL.. [ OK ]
Starting Base Collector and Add-Ons... Starting CSPC:
erifying CSPC Services Are Running... [FAILED]
***** FAILURE: CSPC Services Did Not Properly Start... *****
Starting Connectivity Tail-end Gateway:
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
[ OK ]
Starting Tomcat... [ OK ]
[root@cclseclog1-es-drac collectorlogin]#

It seems like something is failing and not right ?  any suggestions. 

Thanks,

Nabin.

Hi Nabin,

If you have Active smart assist contract, you are entitled to open TAC case. Please proceed with that if you have one.

Thanks,

Supriya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: