Helpful
Replies

CSPC - Uppload Fails - HTTPs TransportMode has Failed 500:Internal Server Error

nabin_sth0
Level 1
Level 1
CSPC - Uppload Fails - HTTPs TransportMode has Failed 500:Internal Server Error

Hi Experts,

Lately, CSPC 2.7.4 installed in my premises is failing to upload data to Cisco SNTC backend. The error is HTTPs TransportMode has Failed 400:Bad Request.

CSPC Setup, i have collection profile setup,

setting>manage collection profile    ( scheduled to run once a week)

But, i do not have any upload profile setup. Do i need a separate upload profile ?  or the above collection profile is enough to do the job that is upload data to Cisco SNTC. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The way i did it ,

1. Copy collector_2.8_Build-266.zip on one of the linux box which is on the same network as the CSPC. 

2. Login to CSPC as root. 

[root@XXXXXXX]# scp username@remote-linux-box:collector_2.8_Build-266.zip /opt

Thanks,

Nabin.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Based on the error message your CSPC is affected by CDET CSCvk07572. Please upgrade the CSPC to at least 2.7.4.3 to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for the reply. 

Current CSPC version installed is ,  Build-name   : Collection Platform Software 2.7.4

The latest version available is 2.8. i did tried to upgrade it to 2.8 via. GUI, but i not able to do that. 

Verified Server Connection is enabled. But, under software update UPGRADE NOW tab is faint and not shining. I wont allow me to click on it. So, not being able to upgrade it. 

Is it possible to upgrade the software version from the CSPC CLI ?

Please let me know. 

Regards,

Nabin.

Hello Nabin,

Please go to the Download Center (https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.8 ) and save the file collector_2.8_Build-266.zip. Then reference in the Upgrade Guide (https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Upgrade-Guide.pdf) the section 'Apply JeOS Package 2.8' and 'Apply Service Pack (SP) 2.8'

Thank you,

Joshua

Hi,

Apply JeOS Package 2.8

Step 2: Copy the downloaded collector_2.8_Build-266.zip file to the collector appliance in the directory /opt

Above copy process should be done as  admin or collectorlogin or root ?? admin, collectorlogin and root are the three ways we can get in to CSPC CLI. Please let me know. 

Step 6: Unzip the downloaded collector_2.8_Build-266.zip file and ensure JeOS and SP are extracted using ls command.

What is the syntax to be used to unzip the file ? Could you please help me out on this. 

Thanks,

Nabin.

Hello Nabin,

Step 2: How are you copying the files? If you are using FTP you should be logged in as root, having first logged in as collectorlogin then su to root. If you are using WinSCP or other SCP client please use collectorlogin as root is inaccessible directly.

Step 6:The syntax to unzip a file in linux is 'unzip <filename>'

Thanks,

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

I tried FTP from my desktop, WinSCP client and scp between linux boxes. I could not transfer the file to /opt directory. All error says i do not have access to that particular folder. Errors looks like below,

Password:
scp: /opt/collector_2.8_Build-266.zip: Permission denied

Any clue ?

Thanks,

Nabin.

Hi Joshua,

I tried FTP from my desktop, WinSCP client and scp between linux boxes. I could not transfer the file to /opt directory. All error says i do not have access to that particular folder. Errors looks like below,

Password:
scp: /opt/collector_2.8_Build-266.zip: Permission denied

Any clue ?

Thanks,

Nabin.

Hi Nabin,

You should be able to copy the file into /home/collectorlogin first then move the file to /opt.

Thanks,

Joshua

Hi,

The way i did it ,

1. Copy collector_2.8_Build-266.zip on one of the linux box which is on the same network as the CSPC. 

2. Login to CSPC as root. 

[root@XXXXXXX]# scp username@remote-linux-box:collector_2.8_Build-266.zip /opt

Thanks,

Nabin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: