Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC version 2.6.1 root and Collectorlogin password expired

ashokwe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Unfortunately my CSPC V2.6.1 root and Collectorlogin passwords has expired and unable to gain the shell access.  What options are available for me?  I still have access to GUI with default admin account.  I am trying to upgrade to 2.7.4.

Regards

Ashok

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

If you still are able to access the "admin" CLI user, you can reset the passwords for root and collectorlogin using the command "pwdreset collectorlogin 90" and "pwdreset root 90". Unfortunately if the passwords are no longer valid for admin CLI as well, it may be easier to deploy a new OVA of the latest image 2.7.4.

A new 2.7.4 OVA Image can be found here https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.7.4

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

Hello,

Depending on the age of your CSPC License, you may be able to re-use it and download it again from the SNTC Portal under the "All Collectors" page. If the License is no longer listed, it may be from an older release and you can select Action and generate a new one for your OVA.

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

If you still are able to access the "admin" CLI user, you can reset the passwords for root and collectorlogin using the command "pwdreset collectorlogin 90" and "pwdreset root 90". Unfortunately if the passwords are no longer valid for admin CLI as well, it may be easier to deploy a new OVA of the latest image 2.7.4.

A new 2.7.4 OVA Image can be found here https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286312935/type/286312958/release/2.7.4

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jarrett

Thanks for the reply.  How do I get the license sorted?.  Do I have to backup any license information from the 2.6.1 and import it to 2.7?

Regards

Ashok

Hello,

Depending on the age of your CSPC License, you may be able to re-use it and download it again from the SNTC Portal under the "All Collectors" page. If the License is no longer listed, it may be from an older release and you can select Action and generate a new one for your OVA.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: