Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC vs Solarwinds Data

ttesorie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

What additional data shows up in the SNTC Portal when collected through the CSPC Collector as opposed to Solarwinds?

I was informed one thing the CSPC collector captures that Solarwinds doesn't are the SW versions of each Cisco Device, what else?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Clive Hall
Level 1
Level 1

All,

If you have the NCM Module loaded in Solarwinds Orion then look under reports

There are actually 4 standard reports available

1) Cisco IOS Image Details

2) Current IOS Image and Version

3) IOS Versions of Cisco Devices (Legacy Report Writer)

4) IOS Versions of Cisco Devices (Web based)

I think you will find the SW version that you want

Thanks Clive! This is helpful intel and good to know that Solarwinds has the capability to capture these types of SW Version reports.

I'm partially aware of the types of data Solarwind shows on Cisco devices as opposed to the Cisco Common Services Platform Collector ( CSPC ) but would be curious to know the full list of difference.

I'm often asked what the CSPC Collector Captures and shows in the SNTC Portal that Solarwinds doesn't and am still a bit unclear on that area. Thank you for helping me get one step closer to that answer!

the wheelhouse for CSPC is inventory tracking, not real time monitoring. As long as you run periodic collections/uploads, you will know just by going to the SNTC portal what the status of your contracts is, the status of your hardware, software, etc. As long as you keep the inventory updated and do the periodic collections, the portal does all the hard work. 

For me, I like the LDoS reports, as well as the contract coverage, but I also track the PSIRT reports pretty closely. 

chris

Thanks for your valuable input, Chris! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: