cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPS installation; OVA File; Smartnet includes CSPS????

krista.grasty
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying for a week to download the CSPS installation file - as you know, it's been offline (frustration point #1).  I'm reading the instructions from the Installation and configuration guide, and it tells me to download an .ova file and provides me with a link to the downloads.  I go there and can only find zip files - one for the upgrade and one for the new install (osi).  There is no .ova file within all of the zipped contents.  (frustration point #2)

I called TAC support and the rep had no idea what I was talking about and was told to send me here.  (frustration point #3)

Can anyone direct me to this ova file?  Also, do I need to pay for a license for this software?  I'm told this is a really cool tool to keep my network gear up to date, so I'm interested; but oh so frustrated with this.

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

JSM92
Level 1
Level 1

We've been told the OVA file should be available at some point today. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CSPS mostly for all the customer who has major devices with smartnet contract

Cisco can help you to install download if you have SNTC Portal access, if not contact your smartnet partner to help you get one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Do I need a license for this?  if so, how much does a license cost?  I have smartnet coverage on all of my equipment.

I still don't see the file available...  I guess I'll wait another day or 7...

Thank you!! I was able to download and deploy the ova file.  I got through the initial setup without issue; however, when I try to do the ESXI update check, it said the service is disabled.  When I enabled it, it says "Valid Entitlement Not Found".  What does that mean and how do I fix it?Capture.JPG

Hi,

I have never updated the ESXi and my Cisco User ID is registered as PSS contract so not had the issue with entitlement. 

Have you registered your Cisco User ID and password in the collector update?

Regards

Chris

No, I have not. I am totally winging this. I have downloaded all of the user manuals and am going through the steps provided; but that is not in the steps.

I'm trying to get into the smart net portal to follow the instructions on entitlement; but it keeps looping me right back to the home page.

I have to say, the cisco website has not been my best friend this past week or so.....

https://services.cisco.com/ keeps looping me back to the ad screen.

In order to reach that site, you have to be the Delegated Admin or been granted access by the DA.  Did you complete the registration step?  Step 3 on here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/services/smart-net-total-care/index.html#gettingStarted

Once you've done that, it takes about 24 hours before you can login to services.cisco.com, where you can download the entitlement file to load into the CSPC. 

Hi Krista,

Have you set-up your account in CSAM (Cisco Services Access Management) and assigned yourself as an SNTC Admin as shown the the SNTC guides?

If so, please PM your CCO ID and I will check your access.

Thanks,
Ye

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: