Helpful
Replies

CSV file import issue

Cisco SmartNet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm trying to do a file import (CSV File) but I get the follow error message:

Import Errors: Operation could not be complete. [Unable to perform the operation = File Import failed. Error in CSV headers.]

I'm following exactly what the "sample CSV file" shows.

Can somebody help me, please?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I received your private message, thank you.

I see that you have semi-colons(;) instead of commas(,) in the CSV, please remove these and replace them with commas then try your import again.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When using the template have you removed row 2 and column I when submitting CSV file ?

Yes, I did.

can you open the CSV in notepad and send a screenshot of the header please?

I received your private message, thank you.

I see that you have semi-colons(;) instead of commas(,) in the CSV, please remove these and replace them with commas then try your import again.

I did replace the semi-colons (;) to commas (,) in the notepad and it worked, CSV file has been imported successfully.

But the Excel itself did put the semi-colons automacally when I choose "save file as..."

Do you know how Excel can save the CSV file with commas (,) instead of semi-colons (;) or everytime I save a file as .CSV, I have to open it with notepad and replace the semi-colons to commas?

My suggestion would be to work off of the same CSV inventory file as new devices need to be added or old devices removed, this way you should avoid issues with the formatting in the future.

Now that it worked, I have a doubt...

Everytime I do the file import, it will count the "double" of devices? The uploads will not work like the CSPC, just updating the informations?

Best Regards

If you import to the same inventory every time the portal will expect to see the same devices and add or remove anything new or not in the CSV file. Keeping a running inventory on one CSV will not cause duplicates on the portal., it's necessary to have all the active devices remain in your reports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: