cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device removal

Brett Walters
Level 1
Level 1

Not the typical Unmanage, but I guess it may come to that.  I discovered the UCS/Call Manager systems, which imported all the handsets.  The handsets aren't, and  won't be, under warranty.  How do I remove them from being added up to the portal? I am not sure which it falls under and how to remove just handsets and leave everything else.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brett,

Next weekend's SNTC portal release will include the requested capability for Admins to remove inventories from the portal.  Once the inventory is removed, you can upload a new collection (that does not include the unwanted handsets) and the handsets will no longer display in the portal reporting.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Cheri

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Brett,

Please excuse the delay in responding. An expert will reply shortly.
Cheers,
Cheri

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Unfortunately, at this point data cannot be removed from the portal.
The portal has an option to only display your latest inventory, so to not view your handsets, you will have to eliminate the device on the collector that is managing these devices.

If you only care about the call manager, but not the phones, you can then add back the call manager details via a manual CSV import.

I feared and expected as much - thank you!

So how do I go about really fixing this?  I can't remove what is in the SNTC portal, so even though the handsets have been removed from the collector, they are still in the portal.  How can I clean the portal up, and upload a new collection without handsets?

Hi Brett,

Next weekend's SNTC portal release will include the requested capability for Admins to remove inventories from the portal.  Once the inventory is removed, you can upload a new collection (that does not include the unwanted handsets) and the handsets will no longer display in the portal reporting.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Cheri

That would be incredibly great.  To start over, clean, knowing what I know now - and not making it a mess!

Thank you!