Views
Helpful
Replies

Device serial numbers and other device data not uploading to SNTC portal

james.appleton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I set up a new instance of the Cisco CSP collector 2.8 and have collected all the relevant device data using SNMP (including device serial numbers). I have uploaded the data to SNTC portal but for some reason it only appears to upload the following fields: host name, mgmt address, SW type.

All the data has collected with no issues into CSPC but they are missing after a "successful" upload to SNTC portal.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe an option/setting that I am missing?

Thanks,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the information.

Based on the upload file, a full collection of your managed devices did not take place. While the devices in question appear reachable via SNMP from the last Discovery Job, a new Collection should be run to ensure all the SNMP system Object IDs are inventoried. As part of the Collection Job and upload should be triggered when the task is complete and we can wait for the portal to verify the results.

Please let me know what questions you have about these steps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Can you provide the CSPC Appliance ID so we can have a closer look at the upload file please?
You can send it as a private message to keep it confidential.
Thanks

private message sent, thanks

Thank you for the information.

Based on the upload file, a full collection of your managed devices did not take place. While the devices in question appear reachable via SNMP from the last Discovery Job, a new Collection should be run to ensure all the SNMP system Object IDs are inventoried. As part of the Collection Job and upload should be triggered when the task is complete and we can wait for the portal to verify the results.

Please let me know what questions you have about these steps.

Okay, that did the trick. I re-ran the collection and it work as described. I now see all devices details uploaded in the SNTC portal.

Thank you very much!

Glad the data is visible now. Just keep in mind that the portal will reflect the most recent collection, not discovery.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: