cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Discover failed success % and configured success %

casey_biggs8
Level 1
Level 1

Receiving this error which I havent seen before. We tried checking firewalls, acls, snmp, etc. 

2018-11-02_10-25-25.jpg

6 Replies 6

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Not clear what your question is.

Also, please open a TAC case if you require assistance.

I am asking what could potentially be causing this error message to happen? I do not have a contract to access TAC for the collector. Does the community still support troubleshooting? 

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
If your question is regarding the ambiguous message regarding the percentages, that to me seems like a cosmetic error, in reality, there are 100% unsuccessfully managed devices and 0% successfully managed devices. A bug will probably get opened to make the message more clear.

If your concern is why all devices are failing, then there are multiple possibilities. Some might include:

* Devices are not reachable, you may perform connectivity tests from the collector CLI (ping, snmpwalk)
* Bad configurations, devices not properly configured or ACLs not allowing connectivity.
* Improperly configured credentials on collector, make sure the credentials profile is properly set.

The support community is best for simple questions and suggestions etc. Full troubleshooting is best to perform via TAC cases as in many cases a webex is required and live troubleshooting is best for a majority of scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Hello,

If this has been resolved, can you please share what ended up being the fix for future reference?

Regards.

This has not yet been resolved. Thanks for following up. 

Casey,

If you have verified the device configs/firewalls and ACL's for end to end SNMP communication from the Collector to the network devices can you double check the SNMP credentials configured in the Cisco collector to make sure there wasn't a space accidentally added to the end of the community string?

Thanks,
Taylor
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: