cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Smart Net Total Care Community!

Our community includes Cisco experts to answer your questions about the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) portal and CSP-Collector.
Click the navigation links below to access materials for using our service and supported collectors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Discovery logs

Hello,

I am unable to find detailed logs from CSPS discovery job. Under Log Prefrences is "debug" selected for Discovery. Where can I find job logs in CLI? Is there some separate log file for every Job process?

My OSPF neigbors are not discovered, so I would like to investigate discovery logs for details.

Thank you

Pavel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Discovery logs

Hello Brandon,

You can find these logs in /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/logs/cspc_logging.log file. For OSPF related discoveries, the CSPC will use Neighbor IP address (ospfNbrIpAddr 1.3.6.1.2.1.14.10.1.1) and (ospfVirtNbrIpAddr 1.3.6.1.2.1.14.11.1.3) . You can also try to manually walk to those OIDs to see if your seed devices are returning accurate results.

Thank you,

Jarrett

5 REPLIES 5
Cisco Employee

Hello Brandon,

You can find these logs in /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/logs/cspc_logging.log file. For OSPF related discoveries, the CSPC will use Neighbor IP address (ospfNbrIpAddr 1.3.6.1.2.1.14.10.1.1) and (ospfVirtNbrIpAddr 1.3.6.1.2.1.14.11.1.3) . You can also try to manually walk to those OIDs to see if your seed devices are returning accurate results.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Beginner

Hello Jarrett, thank you for reply. This is my problem:
MON-01:~$ snmpwalk -v2c -c public 10.1.1.4 1.3.6.1.2.1.14.10
iso.3.6.1.2.1.14.10 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

CPSC is unable to get OSPF data from my router (CISCO 3925 running IOS 153-3.M5). I have to use another discovery method.

Best Regards

Pavel

Beginner

I thing, there is problem with OSPF and vrf-lite. I see only OSPF neighbours (using SNMP request) behind interfaces without "ip vrf forwarding" command.

I need to modify my cisco snmp settings and use "snmp context" :-)

Bets Regards

Pavel

Cisco Employee

Hi Brandon,

If you are running an snmp-server instance per VRF then you can try to create a single SNMP context and map each snmp-server VRF instance to that context. To test if that context will report all your OSPF neighborships you can use the -N flag with snmpwalk to define the context name.

You may find this link helpful.

Thank you,

Cisco Employee

Hello maybe there is a misunderstanding here, I believe you are saying that on the managed device list is only showing devices that can reach SNMP.  There is by design you may learn a device exist  via ping or protocol but it can only be managed by SNMP.   SNMP reach-ability is required. Please lets know if the devices you are trying to discover do have access to SNMP.

CreatePlease to create content
Right-rail
Navigation
Be sure to bookmark these support pages and use them in the future to find all the self-help information.
Helpful Links