cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DS-C9148S-K9-SUP are not shown on Cisco Services Connection, and appears as unknown on Collector.

maguiluzfr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Collector detecting correctly two DS-C9148-K9-SUP, but it doesn't know who is the DS-C9148S-K9-SUP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Miguel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The DS-C9148S support was added in RP3.24.  The basic data (such as SN) should still be collected and sent in the upload to the SNTC portal.  But if you want to see results on the CSPC UI, you'd need to upgrade the collector.  The UI on the collector isn't meant to be the final report of the inventory, though.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean that it is detected correctly but it doesn't know who it is?  The Sup in these switches is not a FRU product.

Hi Chris,

Because of the differences between the two devices, the ones that are shown on the Portal, and the two that are not shown on the Portal.

As you can see on the image, for the Collector was able to collect the SN from both DS-C9148-K9-SUP, but not for the DS-C9148S-K9-SUP. Both switches have the same SNMP configuration.

Sys Object Id                Device Family     Product Model        Serial Number
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.841  Routers           DS-C9148-16P-K9      ---------74
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.841  Routers           DS-C9148-16P-K9      ---------93
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1491 StorageNetworking cevChassisDSC9148SK9 <blank>
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.12.3.1.3.1491 StorageNetworking cevChassisDSC9148SK9 <blank>

Regards

Miguel

Sorry.  I missed you had an image in the original post.  Where is that image taken from?  CSPC report?  What version of CSPC and Rule Package are you running?  Just because the SN isn't seen in a CSPC screen doesn't mean it wasn't collected and won't be available in SNTC portal.

Hi Chris,

That image is from the Collector - Reports - Managed Devices. Version 2.5.

cspc_cp_2.5.2
RP3.22_SNTC1x
DSIRT_1.1
cspc_cp_2.5.2.1

Regards,

Miguel

The DS-C9148S support was added in RP3.24.  The basic data (such as SN) should still be collected and sent in the upload to the SNTC portal.  But if you want to see results on the CSPC UI, you'd need to upgrade the collector.  The UI on the collector isn't meant to be the final report of the inventory, though.

Thanks Chris, 

The latest collector version is 2.7 right?

I also have two WS-C4500X-32 in vss config. This switch appears as one on the Collector. Which I believe is fine. But does not appear on the Portal (Under Iventory - All Equipment)

How can I know why this device appear correctly on the Collector, but does not appear on the Portal?

Regards,

Miguel

Correct, latest collector is 2.7.  One note, in 2.7 the CSPC UI will always show empty serial number.  For the cat4K question, can you send me a private message with the company name and device name so I can look closer?

Thanks Chris,

Already sent you the info.

Regards,

Miguel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: