cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

duplicate devices - no way to remove?

Mikhail Faifman
Level 1
Level 1

I have done another import earlier today and I see duplicate devices. In some cases the different devices share the same IP, which is not correct. Is there any way to force deletion of all existing devices and import fresh list?

My last 3 imports were unsuccessful because the status shows "RECEIVED" without any progress for extended period of time. I am ready to remove the inventory and start fresh if I can. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have multiple contracts with Cisco and never had issues with TAC in past. Today, Cisco saying that none of my contracts qualifies for SNTC support. I am shocked...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tnewell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mikhail - thanks for your question.  Currently, there's no way to do this from the portal.  I am going to send you an email so we can determine how we address your current needs. 

thanks, 

Teresa

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

tnewell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mikhail - thanks for your question.  Currently, there's no way to do this from the portal.  I am going to send you an email so we can determine how we address your current needs. 

thanks, 

Teresa

dlalla
Level 4
Level 4

I am experiencing a similar issue. After uploading the inventory using the .CSV file, I noticed and error in the file with some device names and/or IP address. After correcting the errors, I have tried a the file upload again a few times and now the devices show up multiple time with different IP and some devices are listed at "Module".

I have already verified that the "Latest View" option is checked under Application Settings>Report Preferences.

I have see the response in may postings that the option to be able to delete devices or even an entire inventory will be coming in the future, how long does it take to add this feature to the SNTC portal?

New feature development varies depending on complexity and priority of the enhancement.  The option to delete an inventory isn't currently being development, however, there is broad customer/user demand for this. Product management will evaluate for an upcoming development cycle.  Depending on the complexity, it can take 6-12 or more months for a feature to be available after started. 

Teresa - Is it possible to reset our portal to the initial state so that I can start over with uploading our devices?

Mikhail Faifman
Level 1
Level 1

1. Update: those 3 imports finally came through - just took several hours.

2. Yes, I understand that if I don't select "Duplicates" you don't see duplicates.

3. I do have "Latest" view selected.

4. As the result of multiple imports and trying to get around "hung" import, I did end up with several unused and not needed inventories. It would be great if your support can remove all inventories and I will create a new "fresh" inventory. Please let me know what is needed on my part to make this happen.

Thank you.

Mikhail - sorry for the delay and thanks for the update.  I will move forward with this request. 

Hi Mikhail,

We have implemented the ability to delete inventories from the SNTC portal.  This capability is available to Customer Admins and can be granted to CBR Admins.  Please review the release notes for further details.

Cheers,

Cheri