cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate entries on Inventory Delta report?

JSM92
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who was just able to get all of their UCS servers added into the collector.  I ran an inventory delta report to show all the adds and am seeing a duplication for each one of them.  Same serial shows up twice, with 2 different host names and IP addresses.  Would this be because they are in a stack or something?  The second host name and IP do not show up in a Custom Inventory report.

Example: 

Hostname A    IP X.X.X.150  

Hostname B    IP X.X.X.152

Same serial # for both lines. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I took a look at the data that was collected from the devices themselves and it appears as though these devices are reporting the same serial number.  The MIBTables for the two device IPs contain the same cucsComputeBoardSerial data.

Additionally, the Inventory Delta report does not de-duplicate device data which explains why there is a discrepancy between the two reports.

Since within the Delta report the 2nd entry does not contain any contract reporting data I believe you can filter out those rows. Are there any concerns about a particular device / serial number not represented within the report itself?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

In some instances, this behavior has been observed for users who have multiple roles assigned to them within CSAM / SNTC. Could you send me a private message with your CCO ID as well as the customer and inventory name details so I can validate on my side?

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Thank you for the requested info, could you also provide the time frame between the snapshots (dates) and a couple of serial numbers in which this issue has been identified?

Justin Sprake
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I took a look at the data that was collected from the devices themselves and it appears as though these devices are reporting the same serial number.  The MIBTables for the two device IPs contain the same cucsComputeBoardSerial data.

Additionally, the Inventory Delta report does not de-duplicate device data which explains why there is a discrepancy between the two reports.

Since within the Delta report the 2nd entry does not contain any contract reporting data I believe you can filter out those rows. Are there any concerns about a particular device / serial number not represented within the report itself?

I was just making sure that we were picking up all the devices, since this was their first discovery with the UCS devices included.  Thanks!

My concern with the report is that it doesn't show any moves, adds or changes in the network over the upload timeframe from Jan to March. I know this is incorrect and wondering why the reports are now showing data?
Could it be b/c the discoveries are only be done by specific IP addresses instead by SNMP ranges? I would think this still would show changes or deletions, correct?