Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicated devices and uploads

Hello, 

We're having a problem in one of our customers portal, the devices appear duplicated in the inventory list, also, on the "upload processing" tab all uploads appears duplicated, follows attached an example.

Is there any workaround for this ? 

Thanks in advance,

Andres Pelissari

14 Replies 14

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey andres.pelissari@atelecom.com.br,

What do you mean devices appear duplicated in the inventory list, can you elaborate?  If possible a screenshot displaying the issue would be useful.  However, my initial check would be to see what the viewing preferences are set at.  This is found in "Application Settings" on the left dashboard and under "Report Preferences".  Select latest for this and see if the issue remains.

In terms of the uploads appearing to be duplicated, do you have both collections and uploads scheduled for regular processing?

Thanks, 

Hello Jumin, 

The Report preferences is set to latest, follows attached a screenshot showing the duplicates in inventory. 

The collections in the previous screenshot screen was made manually.

Thanks and best regards

I see, can you go back into the portal and go to "Custom Inventory" under the Inventory tab?  Click on the vertical 3 dots on the far right of this page and activate the columns for "Equipment Type" and "Appliance ID"?  For equipment type, select chassis and then can you send me a screenshot of the duplicate devices on the portal to see what components they are.

Thanks,

Justin

Hello Justin, 

Follows attached the screenshot. 

Thanks and best regards,

Andres.

Hello Justin, 

I'm following up to check if is there any update on this, we're still having this problem.

Thanks in advance

You have confirmed on the portal that the issue remains?  Can you follow the below steps and send the requested screen shots.

"Settings" -> "Manage Data Collection Profiles" -> Select the used profile and click over to Profile Details, take a screenshot of the scheduling and export options section.

"Settings-> "Manage Upload Profiles -> Select the profile and take a screenshot of scheduling options.

Thanks,

Justin

Hello Justin, 

Follows attached the screenshots as requested. 

We don't have an upload profile scheduled, only collection profile. Should I schedule an upload too ?

Thanks in advance,

Andres Pelissari

This shouldn't be necessary, as I see your collection profile has the automatic export option set.  Can you confirm you are only looking at the one inventory from this CSPC?  On the SNTC Portal, click on the pencil symbol on top of the left dashboard.  Confirm only the inventory/segment "Pinheiro Neto" is selected.  Does the duplicate device issue persist?

Thanks,

Justin

For this customer we have 2 Inventorys, because of an old installation. 

But only one is selected and still I get duplicated entries for all the devices, uploads and reports, everything in this customer portal is duplicated.

I've attached a screenshot of the Inventory window.

Thanks and best regards

Hello Justin, 

I found out that this problem is only happening in one account, all the other portal users can see the data without duplicity.

Is there any way we can delete the portal for this user and re-create it ? I only found an option to remove the role, but not the portal itself.

Thanks and best regards,

Andres Pelissari

I do not believe you can delete/change the portal for only one viewer.  Can you provide the CCO ID of the user who sees the duplicates?

Thanks,

Justin

Sure, the CCO is: sntc@atelecom.com.br

Thank you

Can you check the view from the CCO: "sntc@atelecom.com.br" on the SNTC portal?  The duplicate device issue should be resolved now.  Can you confirm this from your end?

Thanks,
Justin

Hello Justin, 

I've just checked and the problem is fixed.

Thank you a lot for your help on this.

Best Regards,

Andres Pelissari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: