cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Entitlement File Generation Failed

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

Ok - have been through the blogs/tutorials and I have setup my portal. Grabbed the OVA for the collector (which, oddly, I am not able to download the ISO file - getting a message about not having a valid contract - which is incorrect)

got the ova installed, setup the IP, rebooted, waiting the 10-15 minutes, fired up the website, get prompted for the entitlement file - Great! So far so good..

Go to the tools.cisco.com/smartservices portal, get logged in - click on Admin -> All Collectors -> Actions -> Generate a new CSP-C entitlement, type in a CSPC name, and inventory name, click submit - FAIL.

" Entitlement file generation failed. Please try again. If the issue persists, find help in the community. "

so - community - whats up? how do we get past this?

thanks!

11 Replies 11

acastillos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I want to see if you solved the problem presented with the collector, presented the same problem and seeking information about no results.

Regards.-

NOPE. Not a single reply. For a community driven product, this is failing bigtime. 

Hello Don,

Our back-end team is investigating the issue. We will provide an update as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you.

Hello Don ,

Could you please try to generate the certificate one more time (login off from portal UI , clear your cookies and browsing history , login to portal again and try to generate the certificate) .please send us the screen shot from the first step without hiding any data from the SNTC portal UI to sntc-support-community@cisco.com only if the issue still persists .

Regards

Pamela

I have attempted this with IE 11.0, Firefox 46.0.1 and both just sit and spin for about 10 minutes, then finally failed.

Attempted with Chrome 50.0.2661.102 on my Windows pc, and Safari 9.1 on my MacBook pro.

All 4 browsers on 2 different computers failed. Same error.

Hi Don,

Please send us the screen shot from the first step(Library)  without hiding any data from the SNTC portal UI to sntc-support-community@cisco.com only if the issue still persists .

Regards

Pamela

Sorry for the long delay in responding - life happened.

It appears everything is working now - except that I have duplicates in my SNTC portal, and no way to delete them. (why was this need ignored by development?)

Toni Pasanen
Level 1
Level 1

How many character is in your CSPS-name/CSPC-inventory name field? I first tried with 5 characters, since it is the minimum requirement -> FAIL (message: "Entitlement file generation failed..."). But when both fields are filled with more than 5 characters it works.

Hi Toni,

Thanks for reaching out to us , I could reproduce the same on the system , let me contact dependency team to update the message appropriately .

Thank you

Pamela

This workaround does not work for me.

Hello William ,

Please try now , as we have tested in the account and the collected got registered .

Regards

Pamela