cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Smart Net Total Care Community!

Our community includes Cisco experts to answer your questions about the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) portal and CSP-Collector.
Click the navigation links below to access materials for using our service and supported collectors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

FAILED: SNAS validated data not available

Can you validate what this description code means, "FAILED: SNAS validated data not available". 

This reason code stems from items that were not recognized as a Cisco device based on the collected device information.  I'm trying to determine if remedial action is required to get these items recognized.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Beginner

Re: FAILED: SNAS validated data not available

PM sent

Beginner

SNAS stands for Serial Number Assessment and it a part of the processing done by the SNTC Portal.  The reason code populated in my case due to some of the chassis were VMs that's didn't have serial #s.  The rest were IP Phones and Cisco is only able to collect (via SNMP) MAC Address directly and not a serial number, so they do a lookup to try and find the serial numbers within the Portal if available.

8 REPLIES 8
Cisco Employee

Hello Craig,

This error may indicate that the Portal/CSPC was unable to find a valid device PID or Serial Number from your device during collection or processing. Would you be able to provide me some more details about the Inventory name/Device you saw the error for in a private message? I can take a deeper look and see why the message was displayed.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Beginner

PM sent

Beginner

I have the same issue with several devices.  Was it determined what the reason is?

Beginner

SNAS stands for Serial Number Assessment and it a part of the processing done by the SNTC Portal.  The reason code populated in my case due to some of the chassis were VMs that's didn't have serial #s.  The rest were IP Phones and Cisco is only able to collect (via SNMP) MAC Address directly and not a serial number, so they do a lookup to try and find the serial numbers within the Portal if available.

Hello, I have around 280 devices with that error message, but all of them are either cisco routers or switches. What could be the issue for that or is there anything I can do to fix that.

Thank you Alexander

Cisco Employee

Hi Alexander,

Please PM me your account and device details (IP/hostname, SN) and I can take a look.

Thanks,

Ye

Beginner

Hi!

I am experimenting the same issue with 4 devices, could you provide me the accions to take for solve this issue please?

Regards.

Highlighted

Hi,

Please check on the collector under "Reports -> Inventory Collection Reports -> View Collected Data -> View Data ->

if you can find your device. In my case there were not there. What helped me to fix the issue in my case was to re-enter the SNMP Password and to rediscover the devices. Afterwards the problem was solved to me.

Hope it helps you as well.

Alex

CreatePlease to create content
Right-rail
Navigation
Be sure to bookmark these support pages and use them in the future to find all the self-help information.
Helpful Links
This widget could not be displayed.