cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FAILED: SNAS validated data not available

Craig Cummings
Level 1
Level 1

Can you validate what this description code means, "FAILED: SNAS validated data not available". 

This reason code stems from items that were not recognized as a Cisco device based on the collected device information.  I'm trying to determine if remedial action is required to get these items recognized.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

SNAS stands for Serial Number Assessment and it a part of the processing done by the SNTC Portal.  The reason code populated in my case due to some of the chassis were VMs that's didn't have serial #s.  The rest were IP Phones and Cisco is only able to collect (via SNMP) MAC Address directly and not a serial number, so they do a lookup to try and find the serial numbers within the Portal if available.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Craig,

This error may indicate that the Portal/CSPC was unable to find a valid device PID or Serial Number from your device during collection or processing. Would you be able to provide me some more details about the Inventory name/Device you saw the error for in a private message? I can take a deeper look and see why the message was displayed.

Thank you,

Jarrett

PM sent

I have the same issue with several devices.  Was it determined what the reason is?

SNAS stands for Serial Number Assessment and it a part of the processing done by the SNTC Portal.  The reason code populated in my case due to some of the chassis were VMs that's didn't have serial #s.  The rest were IP Phones and Cisco is only able to collect (via SNMP) MAC Address directly and not a serial number, so they do a lookup to try and find the serial numbers within the Portal if available.

Hello, I have around 280 devices with that error message, but all of them are either cisco routers or switches. What could be the issue for that or is there anything I can do to fix that.

Thank you Alexander

Hi Alexander,

Please PM me your account and device details (IP/hostname, SN) and I can take a look.

Thanks,

Ye

Hi!

I am experimenting the same issue with 4 devices, could you provide me the accions to take for solve this issue please?

Regards.

Hi,

Please check on the collector under "Reports -> Inventory Collection Reports -> View Collected Data -> View Data ->

if you can find your device. In my case there were not there. What helped me to fix the issue in my case was to re-enter the SNMP Password and to rediscover the devices. Afterwards the problem was solved to me.

Hope it helps you as well.

Alex

I have got the similar issue, would anybody be able to help me ?
I have got all the information in on-site collector, but it doesn`t show up in the Net Care portal.

Hi Maxim, do you have a Collection Profile and Upload Profile configued?

Regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, both profiles have been configured by the Cisco engineer as part of the deployment. 

I can see, that some devices are getting uploaded correctly to the portal and I can see the required information, e.g. PID and Service Contract.

Regards,

Maxim

OK great. When you get and see just part of your equipment on the SNTC portal, verify if SNMP credentials are correct during the discovery and that all your equipment you expect to see in under managed devices. That has fixed the issue for me.

Hi Alexander,

I have verified the SNMP credentials multiple times, devices are showing as "managed" and I can see PID and all the details in the on-site collector.

Regards,

Maxim

Then I guess somebody from Cisco needs to take a look what they see in the background.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: