cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed UC Endpoints

gbekmezi-DD
Level 5
Level 5

Can someone please provide advice to help get UC endpoints populated in the portal?  According to this output, the phones and video endpoints are not processing:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey George,

You can still see all of the UC endpoints under the custom inventory section in the portal. The data that is available will be limited because we could not locate a contract for these devices, but you can still see the hostname and IP. I will send you a private message with a screenshot.

Thanks,
Taylor

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

I have sent you a private message requesting proprietary information, so I can help troubleshoot your issue. Please respond with the information needed.

Thanks, Taylor

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

After reviewing the UC endpoints listed in the screenshot. I have found that the portal is unable to process these devices because we cannot see any contracts associated with these devices. As per portal logic, the cisco collector sends us the device MAC address, and we use that information to locate the serial number in our manufacturing database. The portal will the use that serial number to find any valid contracts in our C3 database. I will send you a list of all the serial numbers from the screenshot so you can provide them to your account to the team to see if these devices qualify for coverage.

Thanks,

Taylor

So if the phones are not covered with a contract, they won't appear in the portal?  It's very uncommon to buy smartnet on phones because they are more of a self-insure type of item, but it would still be nice to have that inventory included in the portal.

Hey George,

You can still see all of the UC endpoints under the custom inventory section in the portal. The data that is available will be limited because we could not locate a contract for these devices, but you can still see the hostname and IP. I will send you a private message with a screenshot.

Thanks,
Taylor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: