Views
Helpful
Replies

FALLOUT REASON: Input Processor:MAC convertion not found

Added Solucoes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Customer´s inventory show a series of devices that appears as Serial Number Not recognized.

Between the devices are IP Phones models: 7841, 7861, 8845 and some FANs too.

For IP Phones I have FALLOUT REASON: Input Processor:MAC convertion not found, and for FAN I have FAILED: SNAS validated data not available.

Could you help me, please?

Luciano.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Apologies.  I mistyped before.  I meant to say we have no other way to get the serial number from the MAC Address.  We already correctly have the MAC address, but the data isn't available to convert that to Serial Number.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
For IP Phones, the CSPC only gets the MAC Address of the phone from the CallManager. We use an internal system to convert from MAC address to Serial Number. Unfortunately, some models of phones are not available in that system for conversion and that is why you receive this message. For the FAN, you can private message me with a collected serial number value. It is most likely that the serial number is not present as not all Fans have electronically-readable serial numbers.

Hi Chris.

For FANs I will check the MAC as suggested, since portal is not reporting MAC address.

SNTC Portal are reporting MAC Addresses of all IP Phones, so CISCO can convert the information (assuming that models are supported) and portal automatically will report serial number for IP Phones, that in turn will return contract information, as I understand, correct?

According to SNTC PID final check worksheet that I found on SNTC Community forums all models of IP Phones in this case are supported in SNTC Portal. That information is ok?
YOUR PIDS

PORTAL REPORTING

PRODUCT FAMILY

CP-8821-K9=

Supported in the portal

Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series

CP-8831-NR-K9=

Supported in the portal

CP-8845-K9=

Supported in the portal

CP-8845-W-K9=

Supported in the portal

CP-8831-K9=

Supported in the portal

CP-8861-K9=

Supported in the portal

CP-7841-K9=

Supported in the portal

Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series

CP-7841-W-K9=

Supported in the portal

CP-7861-K9=

Supported in the portal

CP-7861-W-K9=

Supported in the portal

CP-6921-C-K9

Supported in the portal

Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 Series

Thanks in advance.

Luciano.

I think the PID checker isn't differentiating when IP Phone Serial numbers won't be possible.

I got info on the PID checker and it does have a classification for "Partially Supported - excludes contract coverage reporting".  When I did some research on Phones that cannot resolve MAC address, it seems to be limited to CP-7935, CP-7936, CP-7937G, and CP-8865.  A third of the time CP-7811 won't have a SN.  Again, if you private message me with the customer name and inventory name along with some example devices, I'll take a deeper look to see why you might have these results.

Did one tweak to my data mining and now I see that in addition to the phone models I listed, the CP-7841 & CP-7861 are also missing SN a third of the time and the CP-8845 is missing it about 87% of the time. At this time we have no alternative method to acquire the serial number.

For the switches you sent in private message, you can see from show inventory they aren't even recognized there.  These switches do have a FRUable FAN but there is no electronic serial number available for them.  That is why you get the fallout message because there is no serial number to validate.

Hi Cris,

Found attached a worksheet with IP Phone´s MAC Addresses.

Can you proceed with that information?

Thanks in advance.

Luciano.

I didn't see the attachment, but I'm not sure what you are still trying to accomplish.  I think I answered about the Phones and the Fans.  Can you clarify what open question you still have?

Hi.

>From your last message that are devices that are not reporting mac addresses and at that time CISCO has no alternative way to acquire MAC address for IP Phones.

As I understand, MAC Address is the information that is necessary to continue the process.

So, the attachment that I sent you contains MAC Addresses of IP Phones.

Am I right?

Apologies.  I mistyped before.  I meant to say we have no other way to get the serial number from the MAC Address.  We already correctly have the MAC address, but the data isn't available to convert that to Serial Number.

Hi Cris,

In this case all the information you need is Serial from devices? If not, pls tell me exactly information you need in order to convert.

Thanks in advance.

For the Fans, there is nothing that can be done because there is no electronically programmed serial number.

For the IP Phones, the Callmanager only reports MAC Address and doesn't have serial number.  We do not collect directly via HTTP from all the IP Phones, which is the only other way to get IP Phone serial number.  As a result we are dependent on being able to translate MAC Address to Serial Number using backend systems.  But not all IP Phone models are represented there as I previously shared.  As a result, there will be no way to have those serial numbers in the portal from CSPC.  You can manually get the serial numbers yourself from the HTTP interface on each phone and use CSV upload in SNTC to add them.

Understood,

Pls, confirm it me! For manual upload I need to save all information on csv according to fields below, including serial number of manually collected devices, and after that I use file import on SNTC portal to import, right?

[cid:image001.png@01D492FA.13678E20]

Thanks.

Hi There! 

Your attachment does not show up here on the forum.

However you should be able to find sample CSV format here

You can follow the instructions from sample CSV, and import the manually collected serial numbers via Administration - File Import.

Regards