Views
Helpful
Replies

FPR2110 and FMC2500 - SNTC Portal/Collector

Michal Navorka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is it possible to manually add to collector information about Firepower 2110 (PID - FPR2110-NGFW-K9) and FMC-2500 (Firepower Management Centre)?

I tried to scan it via collector and Firepower 2110 was identified as "octeon" device without any detection of SN/PID and FMC was identified as "Generic Linux device" witch same result - no SN/PID. Those devices are valid Cisco Devices with SN and coverable by SNT so I would like to have it in my portal.

Thanks for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These are supported. The confusion comes from the PIDs supplied. The FPR one is a bundle PID. The "base" PID (FPR-2110) has been supported since CSPC 2.7.2. One thing to note about Firepower devices. There can be multiple management IPs for them. There is one for the ASA or FTD instance as well as one for FXOS. You can add both to CSPC if you've configured both management addresses. For the FMC, it has been supported since CSPC 2.7. The only "catch" for FMC is that we only support access via the CIMC management IP address, not the GUI IP of the FMC. The CIMC is what will supply the hardware details of the FMC anyway.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dannis Bounvilay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michal,

Currently those devices are not supported by the collector. I have provided a PID checker tool if you would like to take a look at what devices are supported/not supported.

Thanks!

Hello,

thanks for info. Any ETA when these devices will be supported? Its shame when I cant add it there to track supports and inventory.

Thank you.

These are supported. The confusion comes from the PIDs supplied. The FPR one is a bundle PID. The "base" PID (FPR-2110) has been supported since CSPC 2.7.2. One thing to note about Firepower devices. There can be multiple management IPs for them. There is one for the ASA or FTD instance as well as one for FXOS. You can add both to CSPC if you've configured both management addresses. For the FMC, it has been supported since CSPC 2.7. The only "catch" for FMC is that we only support access via the CIMC management IP address, not the GUI IP of the FMC. The CIMC is what will supply the hardware details of the FMC anyway.

Great - thank you very much. According to your info - I was able to setup access to FXOS for FPR2110 and CIMC for FMC and now I have all 3 missing devices at SNTC portal.

Thank you again and really appreciate your help.