cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generic Device or Unknown status SNTC 2.7

Ernesto Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

After doing the discovery I have many devices with status Generic Device or Unknown, in the report that I export in the status of Reacheable this is false, In those devices already validate the configuration of SNMP and it is configured correctly. The majority are devices that have this status are Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.4 (2) 3 5555. What do you recommend to review?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hperezar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ernesto here the commands for SNMP walk keep it in mind you have to replace data according to your environment in this case SNMP community

snmpwalk -v 2c -c <snmp-Community> Device IP address

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If they are not reachable then you didn't have SNMP reachability to the devices. Have you checked that you can manually snmpwalk to the ASA firewall from the CLI of the CSPC? Likely your SNMP credential isn't right in CSPC or your ASA isn't configured with that credential to allow the CSPC's IP from the right security interface.

Hi 

Will you have the snmpwalk command that I can send from CSPC CLI to be able to do the test?

you should be able to do "snmpwalk -c <your_community_string> -v2c <asa_ip_address>"

hperezar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ernesto here the commands for SNMP walk keep it in mind you have to replace data according to your environment in this case SNMP community

snmpwalk -v 2c -c <snmp-Community> Device IP address

Regards

Hi Ernesto,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.  If not, mark Accept as Solution to close the conversation.

Cheers,

Cheri

Sorry for the delay. We have already reviewed the snmp community configuration for our devices and have already been added correctly. Thanks for the support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: