Views
Helpful
Replies

Hostname Displayname CSPC or SNTC portal

ccrfranck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've loaded a CSV file on the collector, collected and uploaded devices to the SNTC portal. It works fine.

My issue is despite the fact that all my Hostname was "upper case" without domain in my CSV file, the result on CSPC and SNTC is showing different name structures, see below:

Capture.JPG

Does anyone know a way to force my hostname "style" (whithout domain and only upper case)?

Best regards.

Renaud

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Renaud,

The CSPC will always prefer to list the SNMP sysname.
It is an “option” if you could manually modify the sysname of the offending devices.

As far as CSPC, there isn’t really one to make you customize the value I’m afraid.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please explore this option:

Common_Service_Platform_Collector_2_7.jpg

Thank you.

Does it mean that I need to reload my CVS file, after have changed display property of course?

I'm asking that because I've changed in the menu the display property but it shows same names when I go to the Tab "Managed Devices".

Renaud

Hi Renaud.
You may try unamanaging all devices and remanaging to see if this affects the names displayed.

The seedfile is a legacy feature ported into CSPC, some features of seedfile do not work 100% or are plainly not supported.
Only the core functionality was implemented, therefore I woulnd't be surprised if cosmetic features such as custom hostnames do not work.
Seedfile is not actively being developed, therefore its use is "as is".

Cesar

Thank you Cesar.

Unfortunately, despite the fact that I Unmanaged/Managed devices, for some it adds domain name and for some nothing... (still have upper/lower case issue, but it's not a big deal)

If you have another "option" that I can try...

Best Regards.

Renaud

Hi Renaud,

The CSPC will always prefer to list the SNMP sysname.
It is an “option” if you could manually modify the sysname of the offending devices.

As far as CSPC, there isn’t really one to make you customize the value I’m afraid.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: