cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Smart Net Total Care Community!

Our community includes Cisco experts to answer your questions about the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) portal and CSP-Collector.
Click the navigation links below to access materials for using our service and supported collectors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Hostnames imported incorrectly

Hi,

I did an upload of data from Solarwinds and although Solarwinds has all correct hostnames, many of the hostnames in the portal are showing as something not recognisable like 198:SW167727

2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

Re: Hostnames imported incorrectly

Hi Tania,

Apologies for the delay.

I reviewed the devices that have hostname reported as SW###. It appears that these devices that are either collected more than once or have no host name collected at all. You may want to review the Solarwinds collection file to see if there are any issues during collection.

Regards

Beginner

Re: Hostnames imported incorrectly

Hi,

How exactly can I do that? I know the devices have a hostname. They all do. They all show their hostnames in Solarwinds and they have hostnames when I log into them. They have SNMP correctly configure and are therefore monitored in Solarwinds.
Solarwinds has all our devices once only and I doubt there are that many duplicates. So please let me know how exactly I can review this file you are talking about and what I need to look for in the file.

Thanks!
CreatePlease to create content
Right-rail
Navigation
Be sure to bookmark these support pages and use them in the future to find all the self-help information.
Helpful Links
Spotlight awards-March 2019