Views
Helpful
Replies

Hostnames imported incorrectly

tania.sanchez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I did an upload of data from Solarwinds and although Solarwinds has all correct hostnames, many of the hostnames in the portal are showing as something not recognisable like 198:SW167727

5 Replies 5

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tania,

Apologies for the delay.

I reviewed the devices that have hostname reported as SW###. It appears that these devices that are either collected more than once or have no host name collected at all. You may want to review the Solarwinds collection file to see if there are any issues during collection.

Regards

Hi,

How exactly can I do that? I know the devices have a hostname. They all do. They all show their hostnames in Solarwinds and they have hostnames when I log into them. They have SNMP correctly configure and are therefore monitored in Solarwinds.
Solarwinds has all our devices once only and I doubt there are that many duplicates. So please let me know how exactly I can review this file you are talking about and what I need to look for in the file.

Thanks!

LisaGray95970
Level 1
Level 1

i have this problem as well - hostnames are showing up as SW xxxx in the Smart Net Portal after import.  However in Solarwinds, its correct.   How do you fix this?

Hello Lisa,
Uploads from Solarwinds appliances will reflect hostnames with that syntax. You may wish to look at using a CSPC Collector as a way to show true hostnames from your collected data.
Thank you,
Jarrett

Hello

I just went through the process of downloading the SolarWinds NCM connector for Smarnet Advisor and I am still experiencing the same issues with hostnames showing up as 198:SWXXXXX. The funny thing is not all my 305 devices are in that format. Some did come across with the proper hostname reflected in SolarWinds.

Has anyone discovered a solution?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: