Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hostnames imported incorrectly

I can see my inventory on the portal now, but a lot of the hostnames are labeled incorrectly. When looking at both covered and not covered items, "Nexus2K #1"shows up like 40 times even though there was only one item labeled Nexus2k #1 on the CSV I submitted.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mary,

Thank you for providing the CSV Details and Inventory Name.  The duplicate hostnames are occuring since there is a duplicate IP address being associated to many different devices in the CSV File.  When the SNTC Portal finds a duplicate IP Address, it will classifty these devices as a parent/child combination and report them from their parent hostname.

If you would like to see the unique hostnames assigned, please generate a unique IP Address value for each row of the CSV file import and issue a new upload.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Mary,
Would you be able to send me a private message with your Company Name and Inventory Name? I will help to take a look and see what may be causing the issue.
Thank you,
Jarrett

Hello Mary,

Thank you for providing the CSV Details and Inventory Name.  The duplicate hostnames are occuring since there is a duplicate IP address being associated to many different devices in the CSV File.  When the SNTC Portal finds a duplicate IP Address, it will classifty these devices as a parent/child combination and report them from their parent hostname.

If you would like to see the unique hostnames assigned, please generate a unique IP Address value for each row of the CSV file import and issue a new upload.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Mary,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.  If there is nothing further, please mark this as solved.

Thanks!
Cheri

I've re-imported making sure there were no duplicate IP addresses and using a different Inventory name and still have the same issue.  For instance if you filter by the newest inventory created and look at what's covered, almost everything is named Nexus2k #1 even though there is only one instance of the hostname Nexus2k #1.

Hi Mary,

I understand the issue has been addressed, please confirm by marking this as "Helpful" to close the conversation. 

Thanks!
Cheri