cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I scan for Cisco phones using CSPC?

dennis.hood1
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to obtain the information for the pubcm in our environment, I am unable to collect any neighbor information from them.

I have tried all possible scans that I am aware of with no avail on phone information. I know that Smart Net does not collect VoIP phone information via IP, but is there a way to get it through scanning CM box or some other way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dennis,

If you manage the call manager, then the phones will be collected during the inventory, but will never display in the CSPC managed device list or graphs. You will be able to see the phones on the SNTC portal once the data has been uploaded.

Thanks,

Lynden

View solution in original post

41 Replies 41

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's matter of CSPC, not the ATA.

Common Services Platform Collector questions belong to Smart Net Total Care

I has moved your question to it.

Thanks Dan

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dennis,

If you manage the call manager, then the phones will be collected during the inventory, but will never display in the CSPC managed device list or graphs. You will be able to see the phones on the SNTC portal once the data has been uploaded.

Thanks,

Lynden

First, thanks for your reply. Not sure I am following Lynden. I am not the manager of the CM. I do however manage the CSPC and SNTC work. Is there something I need to have the VoIP technician do, in order for me to be able to collect this information? Last scan and upload to the portal did not prove to populate any phone information. Best Dennis

Have the VoIP tech enable SNMP on the CM and give you the SNMP read only string. Configure that string in the collector by going to Settings > Device Credentials. Then scan the CM IP address by going to Management > Discover and Manage Devices > Discover by Known IP

You might have to work with the VoIP tech to find an SNMP configuration that work for your purposes.

Thanks,

Lynden

I have done exactly as you stated. It does not find any phones. I have walked the CM and it is responding to the SNMP string I was given,so at this point I am confused on what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your time!

Can we get more specific and have you walk the ccmPhoneTable (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1)?

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.9.156.1.2.1 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID No go.

Oh good.  Now we're getting somewhere :-)

Can you try to walk:  .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9

If that works, try:   .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156

If the latter fails, then the Cisco Call manager SNMP service is not activated.  SNMP may be enabled, but not this service.

I believe the activation steps should be:

1. Choose the Cisco Unified Servicability
  2. Choose Service Activation
  3. Browse down the page to Performance & Monitoring
  4. Place a check by Cisco Call Mgr. SNMP Service
  5. The service starts without rebooting CUCM

I'm not sure which version of CUCM you have, but here is a reference:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/managed_services/ManagedServices.pdf

Cisco Call Mgr. SNMP Service is enabled.

We can walk up to 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156, 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1 but once we add the .2 it fails.

Even more confused LOL

It might be best for you to open a TAC case for that issue so they can troubleshoot with you.  The CSPC needs to be able to see 9.156.1.2 MIB Tree to get to the PhoneTable.

Will do, Thanks for you help and time Chris. I appreciate it.

Hi Dennis,

Were you able to get your issue with the phones resolved? For the benefit of the forum, if you could include the fix here I think it would help a lot of people. If you're still working on it, let me know the case number and I'll follow up.

Thanks,

Lynden

No I was not. I was pretty much told it is not possible. So I have moved on to other work.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: