Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check Smartnet warranty detail

worapolhitamata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just buy and received my smartnet for my 6513 core switch with contract number. How I check if my vendor register it correctly by support period and all cover all module?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Linas,

Per the previous SNTC community discussion you opened we can see you already have your company set up on the Smart Net Total Care portal (Smart Services Connection).  If you want to add more devices, than the current 10 you have loaded into that portal,  you can repeat the file upload done previously, including the new devices.  This will validate the Contract status of each device in the .CSV file used and display the status in the SNTC portal.

If you just want to quickly check the contract status of a single serial number it is easier to use the My Devices tool.  My Devices is used for smaller networks and does not rely on using a collector to collect and upload the data in the same way that SNTC does.  SNTC can be considered a tool for larger networks, where the customer wants to automate the collection and upload of the devices. My Devices is for smaller networks with the devices being loaded in manually through the user interface.

Devices loaded into SNTC will not automatically be loaded into the My Devices tool. They are separate tools.  If you just want to enter a serial number and check the contract status then it is quicker to use My Devices.

To check a single serial number in My Devices then go to My devices (url  https://cway.cisco.com/mydevices/devices )

From the Summary page click Add Devices,  Click Manual Entry, Click Next, enter a dummy device name, enter the serial number, click Add.  Then go to the Devices tab and select the By Coverage section. The device Contract details will be displayed by return.

Alternatively you can contact your Cisco Partner and ask them to check the coverage of the serial number in the Cisco Services Contract Centre for you.

Regards, Tim

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry struggling to find my way around cisco

I follow your link and I just see 0 Total devices?

How is this different than Smart Services Connection

I have some SmartNet contracts there and devices in inventory

I don't see ware I can enter a serial number for a product to check SmartNet?

I follow your link and I just see 0 Total devices?

Did you add the serial number of the chassis?

no I didn't enter anything yet 

now when I go to my cisco my workspace will not open 

I can not get to Smart Net Total Care

I have inventory and SmartNet contracts there why this site doesn't have any info?

I already entered SmartNet and serial numbers of some of my equipment

Why it's not here and what is this site compared to Smart Net Total Care

I don't want to enter all my info on just another site

What is this site that none of my equipment is here?

I just want to enter the serial number to check its status

I did not ask to how to enter serial number of the chassis

Sorry very frustrated with cisco all the broken links can't find any help support is clueless

Hello,

You can open My Devices from the Cisco Support page. In the My Support area, expand the Devices heading and click My Devices. If you are not already logged in to your Cisco account, you will be prompted to enter your user name and password. Type them in the fields provided and click Log In.

For direct access the My devices url is https://cway.cisco.com/mydevices/devices and there is a help guide at https://cway.cisco.com/docs/my-devices/my-devices-user-guide.pdf

Note: The first time you access My Devices, a Welcome screen is displayed. Click Get Started to use the application and add devices.

The summary page is displayed. From this page, you can add devices and view device lists. You can add devices individually, upload multiple devices to the list from a CSV or TXT file, or import from your associated Contracts* (*Cisco end user customers only).

My Devices is a very simple to use tool enabling you to quickly check the status of your Cisco devices.  In short, to add a device,  on the My Devices Summary page click ‘Add Device’ or when on the Devices page click the + sign.

Regards, Tim

I already entered SmartNet and serial numbers of some of my equipment
Why it's not here and what is this site compared to Smart Net Total Care
I don't want to enter all my info on just another site
What is this site that none of my equipment is here?
I just want to enter the serial number to check its status

Hello Linas,

Per the previous SNTC community discussion you opened we can see you already have your company set up on the Smart Net Total Care portal (Smart Services Connection).  If you want to add more devices, than the current 10 you have loaded into that portal,  you can repeat the file upload done previously, including the new devices.  This will validate the Contract status of each device in the .CSV file used and display the status in the SNTC portal.

If you just want to quickly check the contract status of a single serial number it is easier to use the My Devices tool.  My Devices is used for smaller networks and does not rely on using a collector to collect and upload the data in the same way that SNTC does.  SNTC can be considered a tool for larger networks, where the customer wants to automate the collection and upload of the devices. My Devices is for smaller networks with the devices being loaded in manually through the user interface.

Devices loaded into SNTC will not automatically be loaded into the My Devices tool. They are separate tools.  If you just want to enter a serial number and check the contract status then it is quicker to use My Devices.

To check a single serial number in My Devices then go to My devices (url  https://cway.cisco.com/mydevices/devices )

From the Summary page click Add Devices,  Click Manual Entry, Click Next, enter a dummy device name, enter the serial number, click Add.  Then go to the Devices tab and select the By Coverage section. The device Contract details will be displayed by return.

Alternatively you can contact your Cisco Partner and ask them to check the coverage of the serial number in the Cisco Services Contract Centre for you.

Regards, Tim

If I want to add more equipment should I use the same CSV as before and just add equipment to that file

Or should I make a new file with the new equipment?

Because I tried the new file method and I don’t see any new equipment

After the import, there is a message to check Upload Processing Report

I got the report and only old inventory is there nothing new?

Hello Linas,

Looking at the portal you have a new Inventory called Switches. In there you have ~20 devices. One device shows covered and the other not covered.

The file was loaded on the 9th June and finished processing on the 10th.

Regards, Tim

How can I see what you see?

I check inventory and I only see my previous import

I try to import new file like you said switches

I check Upload Processing and I do not see my latest import?

I only see the old two imports

The first import and the second after support fixed my system I had to reimport and I see the report

But I do not see my import from June

I tried to import new file called switches it says it was successful but it doesn’t show up in Upload reports?

So I edited the old import that worked before and just added my additional inventory

I tried to import is says it was successful but I still do not see any new inventory and I do not see in Upload Processing?

Hi Linas,

Each inventory you upload is separate, you need to select the one you want to view. It may be because you have not selected the Inventory for display. If you look at the Customer section at the top of the Left Navigational Pane you will see your customer name and under that the ‘Inventory and Segment’ name. To select the Inventory you need to review:

1. Click on the ‘Pen’ Icon by the Customer Name  - This will bring up a new screen titled ‘Data Filters’.
  2. Click on ‘Inventory and Segment’ -  This will bring up the All Inventory and Segments view.
  3. Check the box to indicate which Inventory you wish to view.   If you want to view both together you can select both Tick boxes.
  4. Click on Apply – this will load the Inventory for you to view/review

Regards, Tim

ok found it and now I can see all inventory

this should display all by default

but thanks

and now how to fix problems with inventory locations?

Hello Linas, 

Each time you login to the SNTC portal the selection of the Inventory will remain the same until you change it back. It does not default to 'all' as in very large networks the number of devices would be difficult for the portal user to manage.

If you want to change a contract site address or add a part to a contract you will need to contact you Cisco Partner and they will be able to  manage this for you.

Regards, Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: