cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to modify/delete a segment

Gary Usyk
Level 5
Level 5

I am able to create a segment but can't figure out how to modify or delete them.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

juanmuruchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gary,

I´ve tried deleting a segment and it worked for me.

Admin > Segment Management >

Then I selected the segment to delete

Actions > Delete

a pop up window to confirm appears, then click OK.

Hope this help,

Juan Carlos

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

juanmuruchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gary,

I´ve tried deleting a segment and it worked for me.

Admin > Segment Management >

Then I selected the segment to delete

Actions > Delete

a pop up window to confirm appears, then click OK.

Hope this help,

Juan Carlos

Hi Juan,

I could do that if the Admin dashlet actually listed my segments...

I have seen the same thing (not segmets at all) a couple of times also... but later on it fixed by itself.

I supposed it was a Portal issue...

Are you seeing the same situation everytime you enter the Portal?

I suspect it is some kind of portal view filter issue with my account. I tried to call TAC but they said I need to purchase a contract for support on the portal. Kind of ironic that you need to purchase support for a free product that enables you to keep track of your support contracts...

Gary, yes, it looks like a browser issue. Please clear cache and try again, preferably using Chrome or Firefox.

Chris

Hi Gary ,

I have tried reproducing the issue , and I have observed that currently there are not issue with creating segment , so I would also recommend  you to log off from the SNTC UI and then clear your browser history and cookies , login again and you should be able to see the segmentation .

In case if you are not then please send the screen shot (without hiding any details ) to sntc-support-community@cisco.com .

Regards

Pamela

Hello Gary ,

Thanks for the screen shot as it helped me to further analyze this situation .

As per current design if you have 2 roles Customer administrator and customer user then you might get into such issues even if you have inactivated your customer user role , Because once you are done the registration it does get registered with SNTC system . To avoid and continue to see the segment feature available for you , I would request you to , log into CSAM or Request your company DA to delete you role and re- assign customer administrator role (only) once again .

Once the above activity done, then you must log off from the portal, clear your cookies/cache , browsing history and login .You should be , able to create/Edit the segments.

Please revert in case you still see the issue on the portal.

Regards

Pamela

I'm afraid same issue remains even after removing and reassigning the Customer Administrator role to my account.

Hi Gary,

It can take up to 24 hours for the change to be reflected from CSAM to the portal. Also, did you delete the Customer User role completely?

Thanks,

Nathalie

Hi Gary ,

I am working with dependency team on this issue and will get back once I have update on this .

Regards

Pamela

wolfgang.bott
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same Problem.

I can register new Segments but there is no chance to remove them.

Clearing the cache dont bring any change.

Opening the "Segment Management" shows "No Data"

Hi Wolfgang,

I see you are the company Delegated administrator , So to resolve your situation please follow the below steps and keep us posted if you still face issue :

1) Login to Cisco Service Access Management tool as Delegated Administrator .

2) Remove Customer User and Customer Administrator role .

3) Then please re-assign only Customer Administrator role .

4) It might take 24 hours to synch the new role assignment with SNTC UI.

5) log off from SNTC UI .

6) Clear your history browser and re-login to SNTC UI.

7) Try to access the already existing segments to edit the content .

8) Please create a new segment and then check if you still have the issue .

9) In case you still have the issue please provide us the screen shot from step 1 to step 8 (above) to only sntc-support-community@cisco.com for further analysis .

Regards

Pamela

Hello Pamela

I think we looked at the wrong position.

On the top of the List (Left Side of the Screen) I have "Customer" "Inventory and Segment"

I see no option to edit those Segments

I had created them during an import of a .csv - File

I have learned that it is possible to create a sub-segment in those segments. That now works.

But how can I clean my Top-Level Segments?

Greetings

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang , 

We don't have functionality to delete top level segments, but you can delete all the segments and then create new one .

Regards

Pamela

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: