cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to move manually uploaded devices to a different inventory

Russell Byrne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My customer recently started using the file upload feature and chose to put the elements into an inventory typically used by our collector.

As such, we now have issues with our Segment definitions, which are all done by IP address.

I've made the necessary changes on the Segment definitions, but now I want to remove the manually uploaded devices from the inventory initially used, and instead upload them to a new manually created inventory.

How can we accomplish this?

We're happy to start over, just don't know how to hit the "undo" button here.

4 Replies 4

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Russell,

Unfortunately, the capability of deleting or moving devices within an inventory has not been enabled on the SNTC Portal as of yet.  However, there is an enhancement for inventory deletion feature but there is no current ETA at the moment.  Until this option is established, please un-select these test inventories names from the Global Filter search.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Russell,

We have implemented the ability to delete inventories from the SNTC portal.  This capability is available to Customer Admins and can be granted to CBR Admins.  Please review the release notes for further details.

Cheers,

Cheri

Hello Cheri,

The release notes does not have the detailed procedures on how to delete an inventory. Can you provide the instruction on how to do this please.

Hi Darrel,

You can find instructions in our SNTC User Guide, this link will take you to that section of the document. In addition, we have a brief how-to video on Inventory Deletion that you may find helpful.

Cheers,

Cheri