cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing seedfile failed (in the collecor, not the portal)

ccrfranck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to import a seedfile, everything seems to be all right but I've got a strange result and nothing is imported.

What I'm doing;

-          Create a seedfile with the format required

-          Import the seedfile in the directory : /opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/data/SeedFileMgmt

-          Start the importation with via the "manage seedfile" menu.

-          ----

First, I've got this message:

(See the screenshot)

Second, my seedfile was removed from the directoty?!

Could you, please, help me?

Thanking you in advance.

Renaud

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The seedfiles will be removed from the directory once they have been processed by the CSPC.  Can you please check and see if the seedfile credentials were populated into profiles?  You can check these by going to Settings -> Add/Import Device Credential page.

If you only need to import the seedfile once, you can also try using the "import" option available on the same Credential page to perform a immediate import/discovery. 

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Renaud.

Can you please indicate what formatting you used to generate a seedfile and how you obtained instructions to import it?

In addition, SNTC discourages the use of seedfile as that method is more complicated than the normal discovery methods.

The screenshot provided is of little help.

Was your seedfile import job successful?

Were your credential profiles created?

Were your devices managed?

Regards,

Cesar

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

My seedfile has been created with Excel, but I've tried to make some copy/paste through notepad and other tools to mitigate the risk with special characters.

• No, the import failed (without any error message, just my last screenshot)
  • Yes, my credential profiles are created.
  • Not those listed in my seedfile, only those that I discovered manually (a few).

nb: I attached a screenshoot to show the way I'm trying to import the seedfile.

Regards.

Renaud

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The seedfiles will be removed from the directory once they have been processed by the CSPC.  Can you please check and see if the seedfile credentials were populated into profiles?  You can check these by going to Settings -> Add/Import Device Credential page.

If you only need to import the seedfile once, you can also try using the "import" option available on the same Credential page to perform a immediate import/discovery. 

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hello Jarrett,

Thank for your help.

My credentials was already created.

I've tried what you suggested, "import menu in the credential page", it seems to work better. I can find my csv files in the "Imported Seed Files" tab. With job log details about it.

Now, I need to do some tests. I have to unmanage devices which was part of my others tries and do a new fresh import.

Regards.

Renaud

Please can you provide the format of your Seed File?

I'm trying to import one in my environment but this doesn't work.

Surely my CNC v3 format is not correct.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Leo

Hello,
We have some seedfile examples available in our User Guide here starting on page 252.
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-User-Guide.pdf

Thank you,
jarrett

Thank you very much Jarrett.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: