cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Welcome to the Smart Net Total Care Community!

Our community includes Cisco experts to answer your questions about the Smart Net Total Care (SNTC) portal and CSP-Collector.
Click the navigation links below to access materials for using our service and supported collectors.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Integrating ISE with CSPC

I was wondering if anyone has integrated ISE with CSPC and if so if they can share what CSPC is able to see or pull from ISE.  From what I can find up to this point it sounds like CSPC just pulls basic SNMP info and version/patch from the configs.  I'm looking to understand more of what exactly that is and to see what exactly is seen in CSPC from ISE.  If anyone is able to share some examples or the details it would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Integrating ISE with CSPC

Unfortunately, CSPC doesn't collect, and therefore SNTC portal does not report, details about application software. However, for the ISE-33xx (and SNS-34xx, SNS-35xx) the following events will be reported:

• Product Hardware- End of life events
  • Product Software - End of life events (ADE-OS) 
  • Impacting field notices
  • PSIRTs

Note that ISEv requires CSPC 2.8. 

Hope this helps. 

Teresa

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

SNTC CSPC only does not remote integrate with any NMS systems.. When you have a SNTC only collector it as an appliance must own the collection processes to the devices from customer network

Cisco Employee

Thank you for the response but Im not sure I follow.  I am just looking to know that if my customer adds ISE to CSPC what information can I see in CSPC from the ISE appliance and ISE application if any.  We are trying to determine if there is value for them to add ISE to CSPC.  They already have CSPC and have all their network switches and routers in it.

Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, CSPC doesn't collect, and therefore SNTC portal does not report, details about application software. However, for the ISE-33xx (and SNS-34xx, SNS-35xx) the following events will be reported:

• Product Hardware- End of life events
  • Product Software - End of life events (ADE-OS) 
  • Impacting field notices
  • PSIRTs

Note that ISEv requires CSPC 2.8. 

Hope this helps. 

Teresa

Cisco Employee

This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you so much Teresa.

Thanks,

Ryan

CreatePlease to create content
Right-rail
Navigation
Be sure to bookmark these support pages and use them in the future to find all the self-help information.
Helpful Links
Blog-New Labels