cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to collect a partial set of devices?

victor.vasoler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope you could help me to clarify one doubt, please.

Our full inventory contains more than 6000 devices.. and I was wondering if is possible to do a quick collection including for example only 5 devices that were recently added to the tool?

Or collecting the total number of devices is the only way?

One time I tried to collect only one WLC instead of selecting "all the devices", but when I checked in the SNTC portal, it showed me the information from the selected WLC, but it "removed" all the other devices that I didn't include in the collection.

As our inventory is very big, if I run a full collection, the complete process could take between 48-72 hours to finish.

So, in very specific cases, it would be useful to be able to scan a smaller group of devices, so they can be processed quicker (for example if we added a new WLC to the collector, it would be helpful to collect and upload the information of that new device only, instead of scanning all the 6000 devices just to see the new device in the SNTC inventory).

Is it possible to do that?

Please let me know your comments,

Thank you!

Victor Vazquez 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello victor.vasoler,

Currently the SNTC Portal works mostly off “Full Uploads” which include all current discovered devices on the CSPC.  This helps to ensure all the data is updated and refreshed for all your devices.   You may select individual devices on the CSPC like you did for the WLC and issue an upload as well, but it may require that you select all newly found devices between each Collection Profile run.    Keeping it set to “all discovered devices” allows it to automatically send the latest data to the SNTC portal for processing.  This is especially helpful if you have scheduled automatic discovery jobs running to find new devices.

If you do issue an upload of a smaller number of the discovered devices and wish to view aggregated data for all your devices, you can change your SNTC Report view by going to the below settings and viewing all uploads in “Comprehensive View” instead of “Latest View”.

On the left side of the SNTC Portal Webpage Select:

Application Settings -> Report Preferences -> Comprehensive View

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Jarrett

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jarrett Pomeroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello victor.vasoler,

Currently the SNTC Portal works mostly off “Full Uploads” which include all current discovered devices on the CSPC.  This helps to ensure all the data is updated and refreshed for all your devices.   You may select individual devices on the CSPC like you did for the WLC and issue an upload as well, but it may require that you select all newly found devices between each Collection Profile run.    Keeping it set to “all discovered devices” allows it to automatically send the latest data to the SNTC portal for processing.  This is especially helpful if you have scheduled automatic discovery jobs running to find new devices.

If you do issue an upload of a smaller number of the discovered devices and wish to view aggregated data for all your devices, you can change your SNTC Report view by going to the below settings and viewing all uploads in “Comprehensive View” instead of “Latest View”.

On the left side of the SNTC Portal Webpage Select:

Application Settings -> Report Preferences -> Comprehensive View

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: