cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues getting the collector inventory to the cloud

dashaffe
Level 4
Level 4

I've been looking through the community posts and I see issues similar to what I am seeing.  But those were all early in September as the new version of software was being rolled out, and here it is late October and I'm just installing my collector.  I've successfully installed it, and created my collector in the portal.  I also downloaded and applied the .zip file that I assume authorizes the collector for connection to the cloud portal.  I also updated a pre-defined data collection profile called sntc1x_min_dpacp  that I assume is to collect my inventory and send the results to the cloud which should then show up in the portal.  If I manually run the job (and I do have devices showing up on the collector) it completes, but when I look for the job in the portal there is nothing there.

I also created an upload profile, and when I run it, it tells me it is successful, but there is an http status error 503 - AuthzFilter exception shown, and while I can't scroll down to see the status of the individual items I know that the first three were successful, and I believe the upload is what generates this message.  It tells me however that the overall status was a success.

So can someone point me to whatever peice of this I am missing?  I've watched a number of the how-to videos which are somewhat dated, and don't provide much in the way of specifics. 

Thanks.

Dave

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

Please SSH into your collector and run the command "show date".

Your time needs to be synced up with our backend in order to process the upload. If the time appears to be off, run the command "timesync" and enter your NTP server.

Thanks,

Lynden

View solution in original post

I actually installed the suggested patch in that post and was able to login after that.  I ran the timesync command and am testing an upload as we speak.  Thank you for your assistance.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

Please SSH into your collector and run the command "show date".

Your time needs to be synced up with our backend in order to process the upload. If the time appears to be off, run the command "timesync" and enter your NTP server.

Thanks,

Lynden

The time was close, within a 10 minutes.  But I ran the timesync anyway.  This time when I ran the upload profile it got rid of the http error message, but still nothing appears in "Upload Processing" within the portal.  Is there a place I can look for a log file to see what might be happening?  I wondering if I don't match something on the portal side so it can't connect with my collector.  The only thing that I thought I needed was the enrollment info from the portal, but maybe there is something more I am missing.

On the portal look at Library > Upload Processing

I have looked there.  No records found.

dashaffe
Level 4
Level 4

Apparently my issue was the timesync on the server.  But I have discovered that even though I launch a discovery/upload process is not immediate. 

Dustin Harris
Level 1
Level 1

We have a physical box and not a vm.  When I ssh to our collector, I get a unix prompt and am unable to run the commands above. Logging in with collectorlogin and root.

Hi Dustin,

Your prompt shows that you are logged into the Linux console. You want to SSH to the collector with the username "admin" which will take you into the admin shell where you can run the "show date" command.

In the Linux console, you can see the date and time with the command "date"

Thanks,

Lynden

Thanks Lynden.  I realized this after posting, however now I cannot login due to a java error.  See link below, i'm getting the same thing.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12927451/unable-login-cli-cspc

In here you mention changing the admin password from root, do you suggest trying that?

Yeah, you can give that a shot. Where you able to verify the date though Linux?

I actually installed the suggested patch in that post and was able to login after that.  I ran the timesync command and am testing an upload as we speak.  Thank you for your assistance.

Glad it helped!

Sadly, I still receive the http status error 503 - AuthzFilter when trying to upload.  However, if I export the job it says everything was successful.  Screenshots attached.

Did you also run the Timezone command to set your timezone? Also, what report does the second screenshot come from?

Thanks,

Lynden

Yes I did.

The second screenshot is the result of clicking the export button from the first screenshot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: